Docs missing from returned packages at AMROCK

Anyone else out there ever gotten a call from Amrock saying a document was missing from the completed package that had been returned?

It’s happened to me three times now. Never from any other company - just Amrock.

I follow the same procedure with all signings - classification folder, signing copy in front, borrower copy in a file folder in back, label and instructions in the middle; signing copy never leaves the folder until packaged for shipment, double check the folder to ensure no documents are missed before sealing the package and attaching the label, handle only one folder at a time. By following this procedure I can state with certainty that no documents are overlooked or incorrectly shipped.

Again, in thousands of signings for other companies, I have never had a single instance of a missed document - only with Amrock.

Has this happened with anyone else returning completed docs to Amrock?

1 Like

No, never had missing docs. But they have said I didn’t include a check once! (Stapled to CD and I made a copy of this.) Sent the pdf of same to them and ‘end of story’. Guess they found it after all.
Tell 'em to check again…2 pages probably stuck together when they scanned it for their records.

Really! That ‘missing page’ thing always makes me laugh. Do they think you decided it was unnecessary or felt like flying a paper airplane? Odds are, it wasn’t in pkg. or they lost it. 'course, it’s still your fault.

6 Likes

Happened to me once. They gave me a defect for a missing page. Luckily I still had package uploaded and guess what……page was never part of package!

7 Likes

It might be the ups or fedex who is at fault I’m always concerned that my package is double tripple tapped

They kindly removed the defect. Always make sure you have page count.

Never from Amrock, but after 8 months they said I missed a document. Luckily I saved the original package and it was not included. I offered to get it signed for my normal fee for the area. They didn’t want that bad I guess. I save everything for exactly this kind of situation (securely).

2 Likes

No, never had that problem with them.

It happens on hybrids! And they’ll always make it your fault.

1 Like

Like many of you, I’ve receive the missing page(s) phone call. When I looked at the original package the page wasn’t there.

1 Like

Afternoon. I have experienced this with Amrock as well. This is a tactic they use to reduce your fees. But since i have to scan docs to them before sending I always have proof of what they are so called missing.

1 Like

Best Practice!!! Beat “Blame the Notary”

I have experienced the same thing with different companies, who attempt to have documents either replaced or corrected on their mistake. PROTECT YOURSELF! It is easy to blame the notary.

In one instance I received a call that I had missed a stamp on one of the documents. As I was speaking to the representative, I looked at the scanned documents and, there it was…the stamp. I let the person know I was looking at the document and he promptly placed me on hold. A few minutes later he came back and admitted they had sent the document to the wrong department and needed to have another signed and notarized. And yes, they paid me!

Mistakes on their end come into play when they have to divide the doc pkt and send to different department. Sometime things get lost in the shuffle. They don’t want to admit they made the mistake or pay for it, so it is time to “Blame the Notary.”

Best Practice, (I have been doing this for 3 years and have never received a missing document or an error call that I cannot track. I have no problem correcting my errors, but I refuse to pay for theirs.)

I ALWAYS upload a picture of the receipt to the site of whomever I am am working with. Three years ago I began sealing the documents in front of the client and sending them a copy of the receipt also. This way, the client is a witness to all documents are placed in the envelope and sealed. After dropping the document, and uploading a copy of the receipt to the site, I also send a picture of the receipt to the client. This also gives the client a copy of the tracking number so they can see when the docs left my hand and went on their way.
Result: The FIRST time I did this, (sealing it in front of the client and going directly to drop.) I received a phone call the 14 pages were missing. I let them know that it was impossible on my end due to sealing the docs in front of the client and going directly to FedEx. They then called the client who ripped them a new one. (Nice lady but I could tell she was one you didn’t wanna mess with.) Escrow had lost the docs and I got paid to resign.

If I have to scan the documents, I let the client know and send the receipt after scanning. If I have to drop at a box, I take a picture of my dropping the documents in the box and send a pic to both also. This has saved me a couple times when the docs were late due to a late pick up from the company.

This step takes only a few extra minutes to complete, but I will tell you, when I get the, “Blame the Notary” call, which I have gotten on several occasions, I have covered myself and had a witness to confirm.

I know this was long, but this is a best practice that has saved me many times.

2 Likes

:sparkles: This process has been my professional standard practice from the onset of providing these services (more than a decade ago). Over time, this practice has served me well. :white_check_mark:

:swan:

1 Like