E&O Insurance Higher Than $100K

Hi, I went with biBerk.

I’m in Texas, most of the companies I deal with do not require that high coverage, just the most recent companies I want to work with. Yep, my fee will be much higher.

Just got BiBERK for E and O insurance that includes signing agent coverage. $31 a month for $100,000 per claim, $300,000 aggregate, $500 deductible policy! (I live in Texas)

It may be useful for others to know that BiBerk has a good cancellation policy. I chose monthly billing of $30 a month instead of paying the entire year’s premium of $400 upfront. If for any reason I need to cancel the policy, I can do so for a relatively minor fee

(The insurance rep on the phone said the cancellation fee is 10% of how much I’ve already paid in the policy. If I’ve paid 3 months, the amount i’ve already paid is 9x30 or 270, so I would pay 10% of the 270, which is $27 )

As a new NSA still learning the ropes, I appreciate this policy’s flexibility, so I can cancel it if it turns out its not the right for for me.

While I value the experiences of experienced notaries who’ve had flourishing careers without signing agent insurance, I am personally glad I chose to bite the bullet and get the extra signing agent protection.

If nothing else, I feel more confident with the extra protection. I made a mailing error last week, and I’ve been so anxious about it that I declined some appointments this week that I could have taken.

This obviously varies with one’s experience and location, but I’m personally okay with parting with $30 a month for more peace of mind…