EXOS Service Link

I enrolled with EXOS aka Service Link July 2020. They insisted on fees being posted and I added a note subject to change due to COVID expenses. Now they won’t accept my changes. They stated my “peers” fees are $83 and my fee increases are too high. I told them to remove me from their list. 15 minutes later they have now approved my fees. “Peers” accepting low ball fees are making life difficult for the rest of us. I am in WA State. Know your worth and stick to your guns. I also would like to mention RGB shall always be my idol.

10 Likes

Amen. You said it all, sister.

2 Likes

I concord with you :+1:
Is a funny thing to think that newbies take anything at any price, well not me! Today I got an offer to do a HELOC for $65, 15 mins away, I counter offer with $95 and they accepted… maybe I should have asked for $100 or $110

3 Likes

Yes for the larger price

Thank you for your comments

Service Link is pretty negotiable I started off kind of big headed but my area is so short on notaries it’s easy to get away with being an air head but if or when the competition comes in your area will you compete or find another career? Because there’s a chance a bunch of new notaries flood your area and do just as good as you or better but for a lower fee! What’s your next move? Because as I posted before these signing services and title companies will take the lowest fee regardless of how long you’ve been doing closings for them. It’s nothing personal and just how most business models are constructed. Save as much money while making as much which we all should also have the same business model.

2 Likes

I understand your point of view. I still hold out for my fee schedule. Couple of things experience has taught me. Newbie NSA don’t always stick with the program and drop out. Notary Contractors etc. are finding that many (not all) newbie Notaries don’t always have the experience to perform tasks and docs get messed up ~ they know when to pay higher fee for quality. I have had my business for 5 years and do ok. Service Link is changing and now affiliated with other contracting companies. Every state is different ~ I’m in WA and I’m staying the course.

3 Likes

Absolutely! I will stick to what makes sense to me which is no less than $40/hr including round trip commute and 1hr closing time which I hardly ever take a full hour. This has worked for me and where I’ve been most profitable and also staying somewhat competitive. But I’m willing to drive a distance long as the fee makes sense which is where I will hardly have competition because no ones willing to outwork me. I’m up 4:30am driving 2hrs to and from signings for $300. But if or when the competition comes I may have to find another venture because I’m pretty stubborn, not only that you have to be realistic and know how much your required to live the life you want and dropping fees too low you might as well find a job.

3 Likes

I’m in the process of the application, they sent me 13 pages documents, and asking if I’m comfortable with their $75-$85 offers because that’s what they pay… I still haven’t responded :confused:
If I respond, I’ll tell that I can’t take lower than $125… if they want to accept it fine, if not, then GREAT! I can’t waste my time and expenses on low baller companies.

2 Likes

A lot of people are saying that when you’re new you should take anything to get to 20 signings. A full purchase for $50.

I have more than 20 signings, way over a hundred, but never applied with them until now. I even do signings with Old Republic, Solidifi, among others

1 Like

A lot of people are simply WRONG.

2 Likes

Never take low fees even as a new notary that’s a trick to get you to do signings and stay at that fee. My very first signing was $300 and 30 minutes away. It was 2 properties in one closing basically $150 a piece and took 2hrs. I knew I was worth at least $100 for signings within 25 mile radius.

1 Like

ServiceLink is pretty negotiable but the fee has to be somewhat competitive. Honestly you have notaries that charge ridiculous fees and notaries that take low fees, I’m in the middle. I get my money’s worth but also very competitive, just like any other successful business(apple, samsung, Amazon etc…)

I’m a little bit more than one year, newbie, but I know my worth. I only accept $100 up, mostly are $125-$200
I have the same amount of expenses as any senior notar.

The sad part is some agents encouraging newbies to accept every low offer to gain experience. They don’t think that advice affects everyone in the business.

2 Likes

What would you suggest to charge? A good entry fee? I don’t want to overcharge nor to be underpaid

1 Like

It’s all based on what profit is to you. In my situation being based in rural Mid-West I drive a lot, I could compete for closer signings and be lazy like most but I love to drive and see new areas so lucky for me I can average $175 a signing easy also $50 plus an hour. Just like a few seconds ago a push notification came in for a signing 10 minutes away and it was literally gone within 5 seconds lol, but if that were a signing 1hr away it will stay there a bit longer. But guess who’s quick to take the further signings? Yep I’ll take them all day and charge $300. And if people tell you to incorporate expenses to calculate hourly pay ask them did they calculate expenses when they was working a 9-5! It’s all the same except you have to pay your own taxes(federal, self-employment, state etc…), pay your own health/dental/vision insurance, operating expenses and of course personal bills/expenses etc… But if you made $60/hr conducting a signing that is what you made nothing less nothing more, just take care of business with that $60/hr because you don’t have an employer doing it for you. YOU ARE THE EMPLOYEE AND EMPLOYER!!

2 Likes

Ver well detailed :ok_hand:
I’m lucky that I have another job that I depend on it 100% and this notary signings is an extra, and while building a strong solid foundation for when I retire in a couple of years, thus I can do it full time while being flexible. I don’t need nor I’m willing to accept low ball offers, even if I’m desperate. I’m just patient and always waiting for the right offer… and believe me, I get decent offers.
Thank you Alonzo :blush:

1 Like

Looks like you got this game working for you. Keep up the good work and it will take care of you. :bowing_man:t5:‍♂

1 Like