Experience with notarize.com?

Has anybody experience with notarize.com? I have heard a lot of different opinions… I have already done about a dozen of RONs on DocVerify and start to feel comfortable doing it, I have to say that DocVerify seems to have a lot of issues though. There is hardly any support, the elements placed on the document are (due to the encryption, i guess) shifted in the finalized doc - sometimes by quite a bit, a lot of clients have huge issues identifying themselves, the video often does not work or cuts out with no apparent reason (camera and internet connection of the client is good), DocVerify links that are sent out to clients don’t work, etc.

If somebody has worked or is working with them, how is it?
Are you getting trained on their platform?
Is there a support if your client experiences technical issues during the notarization?
Can you opt to only do GNW? (I am a Signing Agent but focus on GNW)
How is the software they are using?

Thanks in advance!

Read something on a recent NNA Bulletin that Notarize.com was hiring employee-notaries. I don’t think they also allow their platform to be used by ICs.

Not a good experience so far. Just like you said connect issues, tag placement issues, confusion because no training other than emailing support and reading on line, title also no help

Unfortunately I jumped the gun and signed up and payed. Watched the a Zoom video to get more information. I did not realize that you paying to work for them to e+notarize with me minimal pay per notarization. In 6 weeks I have tried calling but have found no phone number on their website. I emailed numerous times and received no answer. I am in Texas and never got passed notarizing a required document for the State to get approved for e-notarization. Frustrating and almost feel I have been ripped off.

I have been active with Notarize.com for about a month in the state of Florida.
I am having very good experience with this company and some challenges as well.
I completed their electronic training. It could take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to study their material. Then you are going to take several tests and have to pass them before you are granted access to their platform. I found the training to be very good.

As far as connectivity, I have not encounter problems using their platform. Each client-notary section is recorded by Notarize and they handle the payment and the delivery of the final notarized document.

I have found challenging the ability to have more notary sections. The platform “rings” announcing a client is needing a notary, but another notary may get that job before you can get it. I am afraid that many notaries are also waiting for the same call. Therefore you are not getting enough work, general notary work.

In order for me to be allowed to do mortgage closings, I have to successfully complete a high number of GNW, not sure the number but it is in hundreds.

Notarize pays $5 per notary section and additional $1 per additional seal during the same section. On GNW.

Overall it is good to be able to work remotely, but it is more like a “gig” side income, not a full time income.

1 Like