Extraneous documents in signing package

I can answer this correctly, I’m in mortgage lending, I work for a lender and previously worked in title with grand total over 30 years in. The documents you are talking about are the ones the lender sends to title so they can prep the closing package and balance the CD along with title instructions and notary instructions. For a local closing where title will be doing the signing right there at the office, they prep the package and NO, the borrowers don’t see the majority of those prep docs. Some lenders do want the borrower to sign the closing instructions but even that is rare. When the signing or title companies hire us to do remote signings, they don’t take time to separate the closing instructions and unnecessary docs from the signing docs, they send them all to us. I’m sure it would take them forever to weed out what we need vs what we don’t. I always make one full copy of everything for my signing- all instructions and everything so I can ensure the whole file will get sent back. For any documents that are clearly just lender/title communicating with each other & if it’s obvious the documents have nothing to do with the borrower or signing documents, I don’t explain them, I just keep paging thru & say they are closing instructions between lender and title. For the copy I give to the borrower, I sort them & do not print copies of documents that are clearly not part of their package. I ask my signing and title companies about this 1st to be sure it’s ok. It probably also helps that I work on the other side of things in lending, I do KNOW the docs & know the difference between documents that are part of the signing vs documents that are just sent because they forward everything to us whether it’s part of the signing package or not. If you ever want to know if it’s ok to not give certain parts of your package as extra copies to your borrower, it’s easy enough to contact the signing company and ask. If ever in doubt however, it’s better to error on giving them too much vs missing something.