Fidelity Approval

Can anyone help with some advice or steer me in the right direction as to how I might be able to become a stand alone signing agent with FNF?
I have submitted the application for FNF approval through a couple of signing services. If I understand correctly, FNF requires 2 years experience before being able to become a stand alone signing agent. I have well over that experience as a notary and previously licensed escrow officer in another state. We moved to CO so I’ve only had my notary license here for about 4 months.

I ‘think’ you have to be ‘sponsored’ by an LO. If you aren’t, you are sponsored/working thru an SS.

2 Likes

@RSaldana.Notary The statement by @Arichter is :100: percent accurate. :partying_face:

:swan:

1 Like

I agree with comments below. I’m in WA State and recently realized I am the only Fidelity Approved Notary for surrounding 5 small towns. When I’m offered a Fidelity Approved signing, I don’t need to negotiate fee I’m offered and adequate rate for the assignment. Not all assignments require Fidelity Approved Notary but it is a nice plus for my profile. Good luck!

3 Likes

Thank you @Arichter @cNsa5 and @alice2uworld for the responses and helpful information! Have a wonderful rest of your week :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am Fidelity Approved through a number of scheduling companies. I think Fidelity Approved notaries are listed so other companies can search the Fidelity National Title data base to locate the local notaries. Some of my signing orders state “must use a Fidelity approved notary.” If you are FA you are not allowed to list yourself on data bases as Fidelity Approved even though you are. FA notaries are not to mention this distinction it in email taglines or ads. The vetting process does involve looking at a notary’s online profile. Keep doing an excellent job and one day a scheduling company will call you and ask you if you are on the list, if not, they will help you get listed.

1 Like