Fidelity Approved proof

Hi, Guys.
When signing up for some SS, they require to fill out FNTG documents. I received an e-mail from one of the SS that I was added as Approved Notary to Fidelity data base. Do I still need to fill out the same docs each and every time I sign up with different companies or can I just let them know I am already approved by Fidelity?

My understanding of it is you can get Fidelity approved through a signing service but you are approved only for that SS; if you want to be Fidelity approved for all companies automatically, you have to be sponsored by an escrow officer.

That’s my understanding of it.

3 Likes

LindaH is correct you’re only approved through that particular service.

1 Like

Bluesealtx there are 2 lists maintained by Fidelity.

1. Fidelity approved certified notary signing agent(s) [CNSAs] => approved directly by Fidelity
  2. SS approved CNSAs => approved by the SS & accepted by Fidelity
4 Likes

Also, about this, read your agreements. It has been posted elsewhere that your agreement with Fidelity prohibits you from advertising that in any of your profiles or listings or on your website.

Not Fidelity approved so have not confirmed that.

2 Likes

I got approved through the SS. So, that is confusing, really. Some agencies are asking if you are F approved. So, if I said yes, does it mean I lied?

1 Like

Hmmm . . . you responded at that time to the best of your knowledge.

Personally, I’d reach out to the agencies that posed the query and simply provide them with a clarification/update in your understanding of your Fidelity ‘Approved’ status. :sparkles::+1:

I was fidelity approved for one company but another service needed me to send them the same forms plus a new form, so it seems to be needed for each company. You can just attach the previous forms if they are the same. No need to do it again.

1 Like

Fidelity keeps two lists. The first is Independent Notary Contractors - those are notaries or signing services who have contracted directly with FNF itself. The second is Notary SUBcontractors - those are notaries who have been approved through a Fidelity Independent Notary Contractor.

Once on the subcontractor list, a notary is not restricted solely to their sponsor, but is approved to sign Fidelity loans assigned by any Independent Contractor.

3 Likes

Are you sure??? I seen a few people on notary groups having that on their business cards and ID badges.

See my post above - self-explanatory

Wow! How long have yo been an NSA? How did you get Fidelity approved?

I filled out and submitted a Fidelity approved agreement with three different subcontractors ( notary companies). Another subcontractor refused to use me because they said i wasn’t Fidelity approved but declined to sent the agreement I filled out for the other companies. Should I assume I would need to be approved with fidelity directly to work with this subcontractor and ignore their notary requests. Never happened before. First class Notaries s the company.

I have done signings for First Class before they sent the Fidelity application. It was approved very quickly. Do you have enough E&O?

Hi Judi ~ I also am approved by Fidelity for several organizations and some ask for annual renewal information. Over the years saved digital copies of agreements and some companies have gone out of business. World keeps changing.

Hi, Alice!

I check in with approved-notary-nocal@fnf.com every year right after I renew my NSA certification and receive my background check.

FNF uses your NNA signingagent.com profile to verify your credentials. Once they have done so, they send you an email verifying that you are an active Fidelity subcontractor notary.

I prefer to go direct to the source whenever possible. That way, I am not at the mercy of so many changes!

Hi Judi ~ I did forward my information to nocal link above 10/22. I was curious if link was still working and forwarded 2023 W9. Email returned stating link not working. Perhaps they have a new link now or maybe it is just a glich. My business is picking up speed how about yours? Previously lot of signings for people moving to AZ & TX. Now lot of signings for people selling AZ properties and returning to WA to be closer to family. Refi’s have increased. Hope for future work :grinning:

Little better, and some happy sounds coming from the right directions. Yep, lots of AZ folks. My busiest product remains HELOCs.

Happy to hear your business is picking up. I forgot to mention also HELOCs signings increase slightly. Heard interest rates are going down which is a plus. Have a good day and safe travels :grinning: