Fidelity bond for signing up the Timiosinc

Hi, everyone
I am new NSA. I tried to sign up as much as signing service as I can.
I tried to apply with Timiosinc.
They required a Fidelity bond for signing up with them.
I would like ask does someone work for them .
Are they really strick on this part.
Does lots of nsa get a fidelity bond (it’s pretty pricey).
Thanks in advance

I would like to know others thoughts on this. I’ve had their application on my desk for awhile contemplating this also.

1 Like

I’m “Fidelity Approved.” All I did was take their test, and provide my information (name, commission, bond, E/O, etc.). I’ve worked for Timios, but I don’t know anything about a fidelity bond. I’m in California, where the minimum bond is $15,000 and I purchase it each time I renew my notary commission.

1 Like

I attempted to sign up with a Sacramento based title company and they asked for Crime and Fidelity Bond/Insurance. I am having a really hard time even finding out where to get this, much less how much or if it is even worth it. Any suggestions or experience with this?

Try Merchant Bonding. I got a $25K for $23. E & O and Bonding


It appears that a Fidelity Bond is for employees, as you’re an independent contractor it should not apply. Here is the definition of a Fidelity Bond:

“A fidelity bond is a particular type of surety bond designed to protect a business owner or hiring party from damage or mismanagement by an employee. Fidelity bonds are typically created to manage long-term relationships and not individual projects. The bond is used to enforce proper dealings and honesty by employees and prevent damage and theft that might occur. When employee is represented by a union, the bond might require the union to pay any cost resulting from the dishonesty of – or damage committed by – the employee.”

1 Like

Thanks for everyone reply to me.
I did call them to ask about this question.
They replied me that if your state requires fidelity bond , then you will be needed to supply this. If your state doesn’t, then you’re good .
So happy to know ^^


Hi, Mariah
Good day
May I ask how to become “Fidelity approved“.
Thank you in advance.

This should be unnecessary unless you are acting as a financial intermediary (signing or endorsing checks, wiring funds). The fact that you might need it to accept a borrower cashier check at signing is kind of an unnecessary stretch. Of course, the companies make the rules, but I would not bother with this company if it were me.

I myself am in the process of signing up with them (in Texas). Wish you well…

Hello, Regarding fidelity bond, from which company did you purchase one and how much it costs, per year? Please let me know. Thank you !!

I just signed up with them and that wasn’t mentioned, but I already have E&O signing agent insurance (from Birbeck), and my state (WA) requires a notary bond. FYI–NNA’s E&O insurance doesn’t cover all signing agent duties, just the notary part.

I’m new to the loan signing business and and also in Texas. Although you wrote this three years ago, were you pleased with Prolink? I’m trying to learn as much as possible.

Glad I found this info

It sounds like what they are asking for is a CPL (Closing Protection Letter) and that is usually paid by the buyer/seller on the settlement statement.
We as independent agents are covered under our E&O insurance and the company who contracted us is protected by the CPL.

A Closing Protection Letter does not cover notaries or signing agents - they cover the “closer” (which we are not) - this is issued by the title company at no cost to anyone. It basically advises all sides that the attorney or closer is in good standing.

IMO, in OP’s situation, I think it’s just bad advice from Timios - like the time I was asked by a company to have them added as a named insured on my E&O - it doesn’t work that way

Depending on the state and title company, buyer/sellers will split the cost for the CPL. If you’re working directly with a title company then the CPL will apply to the notary if they will be collecting checks from either party.
It’s usually a line item on the settlement statement or it’s included in the “settlement fee” on the statement.