Field inspections: Familiar with "Virtual Inspections"?

Anyone familiar with “virtual inspections” assisting in verifying the medical providors/suppliers for Medicare and Medicade?

I am…I did it for a few months but it got to be too much to handle. The QC department was hard to deal with in my opinion. I have done thousand of inspections for other companies and had less that 0.01% of my work returned due to issues. With this company almost every photo I took they found an issue of some kind which resulted in multiple trips… which I did not have time for.

A lot of times I had issues with the app which was frustrating.

But… they paid without issues.

1 Like

I had a somewhat similar experience with NVI in the past, in terms of truly unnecessary extra trips. Lots of hoops to jump through to get approved upfront to take pictures on a glitchy app, and QC was a bit slow to respond at times when the app was glitching.

1 Like

Okay…all due respect but I’m confused. OP asked about “virtual inspections” for medical providers…

Why are ANY trips necessary at all if they’re virtual inspections. And if it’s just verifying the medical providers standing as far as their license and complaint record is concerned, again I ask why any personal visit is required - sort of defeats the purpose of “virtual inspection”.

3 Likes

“Virtual” is within the name of the company, but all work was physical inspection, and when I worked the deal, the assignments were unannounced inspections, and if no one was home, office closed for whatever reason, another trip was required, which made the assignment effectively a loss, based on expenses and time.

1 Like

There is a long learning curve with the software. If you chose to save the images offline, they will not upload with the original time stamp but when they were uploaded. This may cause the report to be rejected as I explain further along in this post. There are many, many problems with QC. If your reflection is in the glass, do over, if you didn’t capture the office address properly, etc. Even a bigger horror show is if you are doing their harder inspection which is a durable medical equipment visit. Multiple documents to be collected and none of the pictures better be time stamped between 12 noon and 1 which is the official lunch break time. For those inspections you cannot go before office hours, during lunch or after work hours. It is in-depth documentation and may require numerous visits at your expense. The one and only inspection I did for this kind of inspection took 4 trips because they weren’t officially open when they applied and didn’t have everything ready. I could not close the inspection until all items were collected. One mistake like listing business hours as 9-5 instead of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM will cause your inspection to be rejected and require a second trip. Once I completed a trip they found out that a new mailing address was added and I had to go back, retake all the pictures and submit a new report for free. Another time I had closed out the report with no errors but the business put up street signage. For this second visit I was paid.

Yes they pay, but unless you are doing the regular site inspections and have figured out the software, you are primarily paying them to work. The home inspection software might still have glitches. I took the training but my familiarity with their regular site inspection software made me hesitate to try the new version until more bugs are worked out. Can you imagine a home inspection where you have to make notes on everything from the condition of the building, inventory of rooms, attractive features, measurements, etc and you make a mistake? How often is the home owner going to want to deal with you and your wonky app?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.