Finance loan Signing

I received a request from a home buyer who needed 4 docs notarized. I asked various questions & it’s a financial loan closing packet. I told the signer I couldn’t just notarizing 4 documents & not witness the whole Loan packet signing. Am I wrong? I think he was trying to save money by asking me to notarize 4 signatures & not witness for whole packet. Should I have asked for the lender information too? 1st time this has happened & seemed odd.

You can do this as a general notary order. Charge for each document and your standard trip fee. You won’t be responsible for the documents which will be retained by the signers. I don’t know why you feel you could not do this as long as you offer no advice on the package.

3 Likes

There are a few random lenders who send the package to the borrower & tell them to find a notary. This is really just m/l GNW so, no, you do not have to ‘present the whole pkg’ cuz you sure as heck won’t get paid for the extra time/labor, nor are you responsibil for that.

3 Likes

Thank you for the quick response! :sweat_smile:

Sign Away you’re not responsible for Content of Doc just ID and Signature of Signer

2 Likes

The lender or title just sent the docs to the customer directly. All you are obligated to due is notarize the 4 docs, not walk them through the loan package, since you were not hired by the title company. Tell them your fee is $125 Good luck

1 Like

They want me to notarize a loan packet, I’m charging loan fees. Regardless if the title company contacted me or not. My fees for loan docs are set.

I often get requests that only want me to notarize the documents that need it. If it is the homeowner calling, I give them the option of my full service or just to notarize the 4 documents and price each service accordingly. Money if often tight for the borrower so I am not offended if they only want the motorization services.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.