First Signing Job

Hi, I just received my first call for my first signing. This isn’t a question as much as a thank you to everyone and their posts. They have been informative, I am a little nervous and excited at the same time and just knowing I have a place to ask questions and view others experience is comforting.

Cyndi

11 Likes

Congrats Cynthia!

#1 - just Breathe… :slight_smile: - you’d be amazed how helpful breathing is.

Pay attention to the detail - be anal if you have to - just follow directions and double check your work.

You’ll be fine. Let us know how it goes!!

2 Likes

@signatureswithcynthia Congrats! Good luck let us know how it goes!!! <3 Where did you get your first signing from and how long did it take to get it? I just started as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will let you all know. And thank you for all the support! I got the call this morning to do the signing tomorrow, however, I still have yet to receive the information via email from the contracting company, and she said she would send it right away. I am hoping by first thing in the morning I will have received the email. I have already left a message with the company. It took me about 2 weeks from getting all my info out there on the sites, to getting the call. She found me off of one of the membership sites I am on. Good Luck too you too Kayla1.

1 Like

Thank you LindaH, I appreciate the words of encouragement.

To keep everyone up to speed, I just finished my first signing and I am drained. The signing it self was perfect. The man was great, it went off wonderfully, however trying to get the information from the title company was exhausting. There was a clerical error from the woman sending me the documents and she kept on omitting a letter from my email address the “o” in “.com”. so it took a lot of time on the phone to figure it out. and then by the time I was able to get the documents it was close to the appointment time, so I was stressing about making sure I had everything all good. All I can say as I feel good that my first one is out of the way and hopefully all the bad JUJU as out of the way too. Thank you everyone for all the support!

3 Likes

Great to hear!! You’re going to run into late docs a lot… It’s the nature of the beast. During my confirmation call I used to ask the borrowers how firm they were on time or did they have flexibility…“just in case your documents are not released to me in time for x o’clock signing time”…at least then you know you can BREATHE!!! :slight_smile:

Congrats!

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! I remember when I was first starting out, I too was a wreck about not getting the docs in time. So, here’s what you can do…

First - remember, these borrowers want to get their docs signed BADLY. They’re getting a lower interest rate, or they are selling/buying a house, or they’re getting cash out to do…whatever. When I confirm the time, I let them know right up front that I don’t have docs yet and that it’s very common not to have them until close to signing - and sometimes, NOT in time. Ask them what their flexibility is. I can’t recall anyone ever saying that they are not flexible. They’ll move around if needed. Furthermore, title/escrow just want them signed - and unless they specify they want them delivered or returned same day, they expect them not to get out until the next business day.

I do this on every single confirmation call - then, if docs aren’t up before you need to head out to another signing and so you’ll have to return home to print, you can tell the borrower it’ll be an hour (or two, or three) later. The expectations have already been set, and your life will go smoothly.

Any questions, feel free to private message me, I am very happy to help - I wish I’d had the help when I was stumbling around, LOL! CONGRATULATIONS!

3 Likes

Oh, snap! your post was posted while I was writing mine…I didn’t mean to steal your thunder. And, “great minds think alike”?

2 Likes

LOL! Oh no, that’s fine…no thunder stolen here!!

You did say, though “I can’t recall anyone ever saying that they are not flexible” - I HAVE had that happen. In that case - in fact, in all cases where documents are reaching that 'late" point, I not only notify the signers and try to work something out, but also (and most critical) get permission/authorization to move the signing time because docs are late or let hiring party know that it is critical that docs be delivered timely as signers have no flexibility.

Communication is key

2 Likes

Very, very excellent info, definitely will remember this! Thank you for taking the time to share!

Congratulations! Feels great, doesn’t it? :blush::+1:

1 Like

You’ll do great!! Just take your time & go over the docs before you leave!!! Congratulations

1 Like