For the "newer" notaries!

When one “tells their story” or “asks a question” in the forum, the experienced notaries can kind of “gauge” ones “experience” or tell “something is missing” just by reading the body of the post (especially the questions). Although I would never discourage anyone from posting anything regardless of their experience, I will give advice to get you the best possible responses you are looking for, as quickly as possible:

1.) When telling a story (like a signing experience) and looking for advice, tell the WHOLE story! “Paint the picture” for the rest of the community so that we can come back with accurate, realistic replies that will not leave you reading through 3 weeks of posts in the thread with you trying to piece together an answer that satisfies your concerns/questions. Basically, you want to limit generating questions from others about the story, which delays us from giving you the most accurate, sound response in a timely matter. Also, when pertinent details are left out, people start to “assume” things.

2.) When posting a question, whether it is part of your story or separate, as your practicing and typing up my recommendation #1, your recollection of the events at the signing as your typing them will “spark” other recollections you previously forgot about, resulting in possibly answering your own question/concerns. This works hand in hand with knowing what your states SOS laws are for your state (which is your backbone).

IMO, if one is “really” fluent with their state laws, they shouldn’t be coming here for answers to what their responsibilities/liabilities are as a notary, but more for advice, hear other’s experiences, and just to talk “notary stuff” and GC. As you may have noticed, the common reply for such cases from others is almost always “check your states SOS laws to confirm” at the beginning or end of their response to you.

If you reply back to this post asking what “SOS” means, then I rest my case! Hope this helps.

5 Likes

@vvs.notary.services Great post!!!

If I may add one point to this? Please…let us know what state you’re in.

2 Likes

(CA) Yeah, I put (CA) for Californutcake in front of most of my posts. I have a love-don’t love relationship with my goofy state. Please folks, put your abbreviated state at the outset of your posts all the time.

1 Like

(AZ) I…I El Capitan you are very good at doing that…I forget to.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.