Gas prices are going up again

Would it be wishful thinking on my part that the SS will be more considerate with their fees for those who have to travel? In my area, Yuma AZ gas prices were $3.30/gal now in just a few days it is $4.00/gal.
!

3 Likes

Yes, it is wishful thinking. Title’s fees to the SS don’t increase with gas prices.

Well, it will be $7 pretty soon!

RON is my new best friend:).
Work in my home office in my sweatpants and sports jacket:) :grin:

4 Likes

Keep dreaming!!! Unfortunately as long as other notaries are still taking low fees, nobody cares. Fortunately I don’t need to do low fees. :pray:

Gas just hit $5.99 ($6 bucks!!!) in Southern California today. I’m going to follow every gas-saving method I can find. This is crazy!

1 Like

Yep and we all know why! I will not say anything further……:zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:Thank you.

1 Like

You’re right about that I know. indeed.

1 Like

Same here in Florida. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

This just sparked a new thought in my mind. Looks like it may be time to start negotiating signing location in lieu of fees, as they have more of a reason to low ball. Higher prices either make people more desperate or just decline. I know lenders want you to get preapproval to change the date/time of the signing, but never saw anything about the location (can’t see why they would care as long as it gets signed and returned on time). I would say feel the borrower out on that and see if they can accommodate. You may luck out once in a while and it may even be more convenient for the borrower. Thoughts?

4 Likes

Hey fellow notaries!

I’ve been using this free GetUpside app to save money on gas and other everyday errands — I love it!

Give it a try. It’s super easy to use and is basically free money that really adds up.

You’ll get up to 25¢/gal cash back on gas in addition to this bonus I’m about to give you. That’s up to 40¢/gal total cash back!

Use this link or enter my promo code KXSRX to get an extra 15¢/gal in free gas the first time you use the app: Save money on gas and food

I’ll also get an extra 15¢/gal cash back after you use the app (so thanks!).

This is not a get rich quick scheme, however you will atleast get some money back.

1 Like

I’ve pretty much given up on that app. In bigger cities, it probably works but here in Yuma it only shows 3 gas stations which I would burn more gas driving to than what I would save.

2 Likes

I always negotiate so that’s nothing new there:) Good signing today. 4 signings, lowest is $160, but I had to deal with the fog for 1 order! :grin:. That was fun… Not……!!!

2 Likes

We should be able to set our own fees according to our expenses. That’s how you run a business. I negotiated my salary on my nursing job and now I’m expected to accept whatever pay a signing service wants to pay me. I know I have a choice in the matter and I did accept, but I can not afford to keep accepting low ball pay for assignments.I was told in Loan Signing school that I would make on average $100/hr but If truth be told I make a lot less than that. When you add up the time it takes me to print the documents and check the documents and prepare to go to a signing and then the actual signing; that’s about 2 hours of my time for $100, that’s $50/hr which is less than I expected.
Any thoughts on the subject???..

2 Likes

Yes please let us know why that is

You absolutely can set your own fees… keep in mind the area and your competition is also doing the same. As a former business owner with employees I paid a salary based on what I could afford to pay. It’s the employees responsibility to either accept it based on their own personal finance/ expenses. The SS is doing the same and you can’t be mad at them for that.

It sounds like you fell for the marketing okie doke that they use…

3 Likes

Please…I beg of you don’t…… :zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

I used to keep this quote in my Day-Time when I was in banking and I still do today. It has helped me in so many ways.

“It is a funny thing about life, if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it”
– W. Somerset Maugham

3 Likes

Like I said before business is business, both sides can say “yes or no”.

1 Like

What???...

I was just asking about what you were referencing