General notary work can pay good!

As the notary you will need to provide the vehicle release form, the tow yards simply tell the clients to call a notary. A jurat has to be performed before being released. Some clients already have the vehicle release that they get notarized online, however, the tow yard will not release the car without an actual notary stamp at the time of releasing the vehicle. I hope this helps. My best suggestion is to make this process seamless for the client because most are already stressed about their vehicle has been towed.

The client pays you directly, I always send an estimate or text explaining the fees associated with the service. I prefer to send messages that can be shown or reiterated later to avoid confusion or discrepancies.

@cNsa5, thank you for sharing this with me! They explained their net 30 payment process to me before I agreed to do work for them. I started with them mid-January so I’m not due for my first payment yet, but I will definitely keep this this post in mind as my payment deadline approaches. Regarding their rate, the original author is correct. $20.00 is the base fee, but I’ve negotiated up to $40 based on the distance of the assignment location because it’s very easy work requiring only about 10-15 minutes of electronic data entry. As a new notary, I’m trying to gain traction and learn the business, but I definitely plan to streamline my services and find my niche the more experience I get and education (like this) I gain. I appreciate you! I’ll provide an update on their payment turnaround time and method once I receive my first one from N3.

1 Like

@deandradewalt Great! :tada:

You might have have overlooked the main page of threads (as you referenced only one thread in your reply). This page has MULTIPLE posts on the same topic for that business:

======

Thanks & Best Wishes! :sparkles:

No, I’m going to go read the entire thread now–I just wanted to respond to your post out of common courtesy. Thanks again!

1 Like

Nevertheless,

I really appreciate your input and experience; I had no clue about this line of work!

2 Likes

:yellow_heart: Here’s the individual thread of particular assistance:

Further, here is the url link for the Notary Cafe page that if replete with threads that should provide you with insightful & helpful info @deandradewalt

https://forum.notarycafe.com/search?q=N3%20notary

Happy Reading :nerd_face::open_book:

P.S. Keep in the back of your mind that when a business references payment of “net 30” => your immediate next query should be along the lines of:

“Is that net 30 calendar days? Or, business days?”

Why, one might ask? Because there is quite a difference between those two disparate intervals of time . . . :owl: Looking forward to your updates! Thanks @deandradewalt

2 Likes

Same–trial and error, and professional guidance and mentorship. Really gotta appreciate the notary vets. I know I do!

2 Likes

You’re on it! I’ll ask them for clarification on their net 30 today then.

1 Like

Just a quick reference point for you - I started in this business in 2006 and they were bad THEN…tread carefully;

Good LUck

2 Likes

To diversify your services you may want to try WeGo Look. I signed up with them in December and so far this has been a steady stream of income for me. You take pictures of vehicles for Insurance and Dealerships that pay $20-$40+ for each vehicle. It takes me 15min per vehicle on average. No special equipment is needed other than a tire thread gauge ($3) and a yardstick ($4).

I have been able to schedule inspections between my Notary assignments. In early Jan I received a 17 car inspection order from one dealership which I knocked out over the weekend and was paid the following Friday. I do on average $100- a week with them… easy money.

6 Likes

No need to be conflictive. In your works it’s different that’s all.

I guess it depends on the area that you service. I have gotten some great-paying jobs from my GNW. The last one I did they found me on my yelp page I witnessed 3 signatures on three one page documents and waived my travel fee ($3). They paid me $90 for 1/2 of my time and gave me an additional $20 tip just for meeting them within the hour of their call. They were so pleased they gave me a glowing Yelp review and since then I have completed 2 more on average of $60 each for 10min of work… so money is money and I will take it where I can get it.

4 Likes

Will do, Ms. Linda–thank you very much.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. I will definitely take a look. My full-time job is with a major insurance provider, and I recently became aware that my organization uses them as a 3rd-party claims vendor. I’ll have to see if there will be some sort of conflict of interest if I were to subcontract with WGL while still being employed by my organization. If not, I’ll definitely sign up with them. Similar to WGL though, I do very basic home inspections with photoinspections.com. They only pay $15.00 per assignment, but I only travel up to 20 minutes away for that rate and am only required to take five (5) photos (six if there’s a detached garage). No equipment needed other than a laptop, iPad or smartphone. Have you heard of that service? I just started working with them 3 weeks ago.

1 Like

No, I have not heard about that company but my area is not very lucrative on home inspections I found. With WGL out of the 63 inspections that I have done for them so far I would say that 15 was contracted with the insurance company. Most were vehicle dealership inspections which I prefer as they have an open schedule which is a plus.

2 Likes

Say no more! I’ll sign up today and will just screen the ones for insurance companies. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

I just got an email from photoinspections.com today. Im wondering If I should signup and see how it goes.

I’ve been signing up on these one-off companies like We-Go-Look and Photoinspection. My experience is that all the jobs are way out of my geographic region and they pay $25 or less. That’s just not enough to cover my expenses. I hope other folks have a better experience, but that’s mine. No advice, then, either way.
Like my favorite word: DOWATCHAGOTTADO. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I do it sparingly in my area–no more than 20 minutes away since they only pay $15.00. If you try it, let me know how your experience is.

That’s a shame. I guess it really depends on your area. I do a lot of dealership inspections which is less than 10 min from my home and I often get three to 4 orders in one day. They pay on average of $22-$25 per inspection and it takes me 15min to complete one. That is with WeGo Look.

1 Like