General notary work can pay good!

Data points and experience!

I live in South Florida.
Like many newbies, I was extremely confused on how to market, mentorship, and how to price. I even asked other notaries what to do. What I’ve learned is there are two types of notaries: one who notarizes for friends and people who really market themselves as a business. I believe that can really differentiate your earning potential; in my opinion. Give your clients the best possible experience, service and they will pay well. I have made really good money consistently with less time spent, equipment, and driving with general notary work over loan signings. However, it’s important you must learn your market and strategize.

Ask the client where and how did they find you. More importantly, answer your phone! People will give you business by just answering the phone. For example, I did a notarization for a minor to get a tattoo. I got there in 3 minutes and she paid me $100 cash(she tipped me ) for 2 minutes of work. She told me I was the first notary to answer the phone. After that, the tattoo owner asked for my business cards and distributed them to all the other tattoo shop owners. I even google other notaries when I cannot complete a task and reference the client to them. I strongly believe it’s enough for all of us, but we must strive to be a network of people helping each other.

I’m writing to my newbies to not give up and do not be discouraged, the difference is you!

48 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS :heavy_heart_exclamation: :tada::sparkles::firecracker: :boom:

1 Like

Love this. This is the power of being proactive. You are a self-starter. Instead of feeling down, you’re digging and discovering business opportunities in this ever evolving and saturated business. Always provide first-class service and always be on your best behavior. You never know who you are going to meet that will change you life or your income situation.

8 Likes

Thank you,

I just wanted to share some insight as a newbie on general notary work, although I know many people chase loan signings. ( I did too at first) However; I have made really good money (mostly cash) doing simplified (uncontested )divorces, quitclaim deeds, film permits, tow authorizations, and many more.

12 Likes

Congratulations! :+1::clap::raised_hands:

1 Like

I want to share the importance of being on your best behavior. I hit two gold mines recently. A couple days ago I received an email from a director of escrow operations, not from an escrow officer but from a director. She said the president of their title co spoke very highly of me and told her to get me on their approved preferred notary’s list to do all their in-house closings. They can provide average 330 closings a month. Said they’ll keep me very busy! I can only do max average 170 loans a month but we shall see, maybe I can do more because I don’t have to drive as much. Also another title that I closed my own real estate asked me to do their closing as well. I feel so blessed. I will never have to worry about when or where the next signing coming from:).

36 Likes

That’s very good, I still view general notary work as a waste of my time.

That’s amazing!! Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much. :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Congratulations on whatever it is your doing as well.

1 Like

yea maybe. but why stop earning potential and name recognition…I met a few people who work for or are affiliated with title companies from general work… I was also contacted to work with a title company directly…I’m weighing my options because I also do digital fingerprinting.

I believe it.s true that you have to be good at general notary work to be exceptional at loan signings

7 Likes

I don’t think so, we just have a difference of opinion.

Congratulations and thanks for the words of encouragement.

2 Likes

Can I ask you, how long did you work with them before they wanted to work with you exclusively?
And congratulations you are really killing it !!!
The bag is most definitely secured!

2 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement, Aceiswild2k6!

1 Like

Congratulations!! That’s a great way to look at it.

1 Like

Congratulations!! That inspires me.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this story, it’s inspirational. I’m in Florida myself and things have dramatically slowed down. I have reached out to Title and Mortgage and Real Estate companies, but all I hear is “I’ll call you, or they already have notaries that work in house.” So to hear that you’re doing good, is as awesome as it is inspirational.

2 Likes

I did a marriage today…since I know about the slow down!! Must keep working and got notarize.com as a retainer!

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Congratulations. Where in Florida are you located? I’ve been trying to connect with notaries in my area, Fort Lauderdale, but to me they don’t like to share their platform or tell you how they get business. It’s almost like they are selfish and want to get all the money for themselves. LOL

1 Like