Getting Direct Business

When visiting attorney offices and title companies to introduce yourself other than business cards what do you take? Do you write a formal letter of introduction, a flyer, or what? I know it may not be possible to actually speak to the specific person I need to so I’d like to have something for the receptionist to pass along to the right person.

1 Like

Don’t forget to talk to your bank! Build a good rapport and relationship with the branch manager and their staff. Ask for their mortgage loan officer’s business cards or the manager in their mortgage department.

2 Likes

I prepared a one page flyer listing my qualifications and memberships.
A personal visit is best. Most mortgage companies control their refi closings via their operations manager and go through a particular title company. The bigger the lender, the more restrictive they are in who they use. I would focus on community banks and credit unions. I have a few banks that will request their title company to use me.

2 Likes

US law is very strict about plagiarism. Including the names of companies. Therefore, before registering, it is necessary to check whether there is a trademark with the same name in your state.
You can do this in 5 minutes and completely free of charge. On the state’s website, find the “Business name availability” section or a similar one. Next, you need to submit a request for verification, which will be processed within 3 days. However, the most important thing is that you and your employees have leadership qualities. Without management skills, it isn’t easy to manage a company and contribute to its development. I took the courses leading change & transformation Archives - Prendo Simulations, and I learned how to manage teams.