@antonio
,
. ![]()
You’re definitively a
Treasure
to other Notary Cafe members.
Appreciate you sharing Insights & Supportive guidance.
![]()
@antonio
,
. ![]()
You’re definitively a
Treasure
to other Notary Cafe members.
Appreciate you sharing Insights & Supportive guidance.
![]()
Antonio with your experience and knowledge you could create a course on being a successful online notary. I’d buy it
Jenn
Thank you, I really appreciate that. To be honest, I haven’t even given any thought to writing a book. Right now I’m just focused on learning, improving, and sharing what I’ve experienced along the way. Maybe one day, but it’s definitely not something I’ve planned.
[quote=“tlstewart.notary, post:19, topic:57295”] I have tried with BlueNotary and found that all the calls came in during the middle of the night for me
[/quote]
Was that call for an actual notarization, or were you only serving as a witness? I’m curious because the type of request can make a big difference in when those calls come in.
I recently attended the West Coast Conference for Notaries and we had a representative speak from Proof and while I already love RON, I was BLOW AWAY by their security features that they have. They have a way of notifiying the notary if the system belives the signer is a deep fake and guides them through steps to determine that. They showed us a video of what that looks like and I was deeply impressed.
back in 2008 I worked briefly notarizing affidavits for company that was assisting homeowners that had bought their property and signed their note and Deed digitally. Because the value their home thad dropped by 30 to 35%,most were trying to give their homes back to the bank. i’m not real sure how successful they were, but I did notarize a lot of affidavits. What was their angle? No wet signed documents.
tlbennett0
I’m glad to hear that you found Proof.com appealing and see the value it can bring to your business as a Remote Online Notary. I apologize for the delayed response; I was handling responsibilities related to one of my other companies.
I hope you decide to join the platform and take advantage of the opportunities it provides. With the right approach, consistency, and attention to customer service, it can be a valuable addition to your RON business. I wish you continued success.
I don’t think it’s really an apples-to-apples comparison. Back in 2008, there was little to nothing available in terms of the identity verification, security, fraud detection, and authentication technology we have today. Remote online notarization in 2026 is operating in a completely different environment, and the technology and security measures continue to improve.
What was considered acceptable or secure back then is very different from what can be verified and documented today. That’s one of the biggest advantages of modern RON—the process isn’t simply about eliminating the wet signature; it’s about creating a much more secure and verifiable digital transaction.
Those digital signature pads were sold by the NNA for $500 and were a replacement for a notary journal, nothing remote was involved.
Digital signature pads? Are you referring to a signer using a computer or an iPad to complete the electronic signature process? At least California found a way to make the digital-signing process a little more interesting.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.