GNW vs Property Inspections

You better increase your E&O amount and make sure it covers home inspections. I hate to see you get caught in a lawsuit along with the brokers. They always sue everyone.

That is not the type of inspections that I do… I do not work with realtors or home buyers so I am not worried about that. I have an LLC that I started specifically for Inspections and have the proper insurance in place…

1 Like

Hello, I signed up to do something similar with Virtual Site Inspections but it never took off. I’m not in AZ but I am in Dallas can you give me more information to start doing that here if possible? Thanks

1 Like

Can you send me the information as well to my PM so I can see how I can do this in Texas where I live? Thank you

I posted the link with all the info you need to get started found within the thread

Thank you, I didn’t see it in this thread but I did see we go look in your thread from a year ago…also what does a GNW stand for?

That stands for General Notary Work

But my question is, how much did you earn for the day?

I purposely do not disclose the amount of money I make because it can vary greatly depending on the company that I work with and the amount of inspections I do… but I will say that the first 4 months I made more in inspections than I did in 12 months last year doing signings and I was very busy last year with signings

I have received a few PM messages about the following so here is my Disclosure Field Inspection AKA Property Inspection is in itself not hard. The hardest part is the driving and the time management aspect of it all. Since I started 16 months ago I have successfully completed over 3,500 inspections that range from Vehicle Inspections, Construction Draws, Asset Verification, Insurance Claims, and Occupancy verification.

I tend to work with companies that either pay well for the inspection itself or have bulk orders within zip code areas. That is the key…. I am able to schedule them in between my signings or if I have no signings I make it a full day of inspections. I set myself a daily income goal in order to keep me on track.

There are companies that will pay you $15 for an inspection and you get one every 3 to 4 weeks if you are lucky… those ones I either counter and factor in my minimum travel rate or I don’t work with them.

So I say that to say this…it’s a great way to supplement your Notary work however it takes a lot of juggling and time management to be successful in both

3 Likes

Yes I have a client that is a an out of state investor. I check properties that he is interested in buying. I take pics and video and he pays me well same day. I need more clients like him!

2 Likes

Love that…. Good for you for thinking outside the box

Same here. $15 a pop.

Thank you for posting this information. I saw your post a couple months ago when I was looking for side gigs and I’ve been doing work for one of the vehicle and other inspection companies. It has helped out quite a bit. Appreciate you sharing the wealth.

For me the only way that would make sense is if I received 5 orders all within the travel distance that would allow me to complete in an hour or less. I tend to stay away from those one offs or $15 orders. From start to finish it typically takes me 5 min or less to do an inspection. So I factor in my min travel rate and counter the offer based on that number. I have even picked up the phone and called them directly and let them know that I am willing to do it but they must be willing to pay my min hourly rate to and from my destination. Trust me when I tell you… if they want it done… they will pay and they have.

I am truly happy to hear that it helps that makes me feel good to know that. I wish you continued success

1 Like

Not i. Yuma, but I would love more information please.

Thank you

Robin