GNW vs Property Inspections

Over a year ago I shared some information about diversifying with Property Inspections. I’m curious to hear from other notaries what their experiences have been so far and if they have had any success. For me… I have to say if it wasn’t for PI I would not have been able to survive over the last few months. It truly has taken over as my main source of income. If you are a Notary in Yuma Arizona or near Yuma please reach out to me as I have more work than I can handle and I need serious help.

6 Likes

Is there a particular company you do the inspections for? I signed up with one a year ago and all they sent me was $15 jobs 10 miles away. Maybe I’m doing something wrong or I connected with the wrong outfit.

1 Like

Glad you found something that works for you. Supplementing notary income as an inspector depends on the laws of the state you are in. Home Inspectors in my state of Washington requires additional training and licensing https://www.dol.wa.gov/professional-licenses/home-inspectors/get-your-license-home-inspectors#:~:text=Meet%20the%20education%20and%20training,with%20an%20experienced%20home%20inspector.

Wish you continued success.

1 Like

Field Inspections is different it does not require licensing. It is a form of property inspection not to be confused with Home inspections which is completely different. Property inspection is only with photo verification of assets.

2 Likes

I sent you a PM…… :wink: or call me directly if you still have my number

I guess the rules are different in Washington. https://www.dol.wa.gov/professional-licenses/home-inspectors/get-your-license-home-inspectors :

Who needs a license?

Anyone who examines the conditions of a home for a fee.

Maybe it is on the home side but I wonder how they treat other types of properties like vehicles… I do a bunch of that too… well my husband does I’m too busy with the property side… very interesting indeed… thanks for sharing

1 Like

Carmen I’m also in WA State and would not touch home inspections without proper credentials. Worked in constructed for 30+ years and flipped homes when I first retired. Inspections are very important part of property transactions and buyers should be aware of shoddy inspectors. Inspectors in WA are licensed, insured and bonded for their field of work. Inspectors have also been taken to court for not doing their job properly. Something to think about.

3 Likes

Hello, What is the difference between a property inspection, field inspection, and home inspection? Im currently doing field inspections in Goodyear Az and would like to know more about property inspections.Where did you find the information to become a property inspector?

1 Like

The word Field Inspector and Property Inspector is used interchangeably depending on the company you work for. I work for a few different ones but the duties are the same. To visually inspect and report hazard conditions via photo evidence. One company refers to me as an Inspector and one refer to me as a surveyor… again same duties performed by both.

This again is completely different from Home Inspections which requires training and Licensing.

3 Likes

Ok thank you for the clarification, i was going crazy last night trying to figure out the differences. Appreciate your help.

I hear ya!!! I’m going to send you a PM

You better increase your E&O amount and make sure it covers home inspections. I hate to see you get caught in a lawsuit along with the brokers. They always sue everyone.

That is not the type of inspections that I do… I do not work with realtors or home buyers so I am not worried about that. I have an LLC that I started specifically for Inspections and have the proper insurance in place…

1 Like

Hello, I signed up to do something similar with Virtual Site Inspections but it never took off. I’m not in AZ but I am in Dallas can you give me more information to start doing that here if possible? Thanks

1 Like

Can you send me the information as well to my PM so I can see how I can do this in Texas where I live? Thank you

I posted the link with all the info you need to get started found within the thread

Thank you, I didn’t see it in this thread but I did see we go look in your thread from a year ago…also what does a GNW stand for?