Has Anyone Ever Wondered

How can a signing service offer $50 for a 1-page document signing and $75 for a full 175-page refinance?

5 Likes

:rofl: Excellent Point! @steves11

2 Likes

perhaps they have no soul LOL

3 Likes

That could be the case, but whatever logic they’re using, it doesn’t make much sense to me. My guess is that they get resistance when they offer less than $50 for anything (personally, I won’t start my car for less than $50) but above that amount there is always someone who will take the job no matter how bad a deal it is for the signing agent. That’s the case even more in these times of too few jobs for too many signing agents.

3 Likes

The Law Firms I work for will offer $50 for a single Affidavit and evidence pick up. I’ve done personal injury cases that the law firm paid me $200 for 30 pages and evidence pick up. I don’t get these very often, but they pay better on a per engagement basis.

2 Likes

The same way you can decline that offer. Also just ask for a fee of $125-150. It never hurts to asks. Most of the time they don’t tell you page count, its good you had that. But if you accept a signing and you find out the page count is high, just ask for more money, of not, decline it.

1 Like

They always tell you the page count when they’re looking for a way to justify their low offer.

1 Like

and for me that’s only legit if it’s between 1-10 pages. Anything over, I want the full fee period
But I did have a signing once that was only 15 pages or so and got a !NICE! (XXX) fee for it due to the type of signing. We deserve every break we can get.

You win some and you lose some. I never feel guilty on the rare occasion when I am actually overcompensated for a signing (compared to a “normal” fee). Those times don’t begin to make up for the times when the pay was WAY too low for what the job was.

1 Like

Because where I live is rural, whether it’s one page or 175 pages, I still will not do a notarization for $50 or $75. My average miles driven is 40-50 miles each way. So my fee is higher depending on how far I’m being asked to travel.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.