Help - id proofing - clarity needed - signing tomorrow

Can someone please help me with this? See pg. 13 The instructions say to “sign and place seal/ stamp on the page, regardless of which state proofing was completed in, and to complete an acknowledgment.” I thought based on the language, that this needed a jurat. Also, I thought I should attach my own jurat, since the language is not specific to Indiana. Can anyone help with this? I understand most of the document. However, I do have a few questions:

1. Do I sign as a NP or Authorized Rep?

2. How long should it take to complete?

3. Do I give an oath based on verbiage?

4. Instructions say to “sign and place seal/ stamp on page, regardless of which state proofing was completed in and to complete an acknowledgment.” However, I thought based on the language, that this needed a jurat. Also, I thought I should attach my own jurat, since the language is not specific to Indiana. I have attached the documents with how I believe it should be executed. Can someone please review and help me with this?

Also looking for a mentor in the Indianapolis area.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Okay, so I’ve done many, many hundreds of these in Florida. This is a jurat, regardless of what they say. Your signer is making a sworn statement. You should administer an oath. If the certificate is not compliant for your state, you can add in the missing elements or attach your own loose certificate. You are notarizing, so you sign as a Notary Public. I can complete these in 5 minutes, including identifying the signer and making my journal entry. Don’t worry. Once you do a couple of them, you will get the hang of it.

I do caution you to be very careful and thorough when IDing them and examining their ID and documents. You play an important part in making sure only authorized persons are appointed to those positions with access to sensitive data and technology. Before you ask, yes I have been presented with unacceptable ID and documents before.

7 Likes

Thank you SOOOOO much! You’re awesome!!

2 Likes

@notarybjg Appreciate your direct experience conveyed in a concise & supportive manner! :boom::owl: Your professionalism helps many members. :clap: Excellent Work! :sparkles:

:swan:

3 Likes

@polk1745 I would suggest you read your Indiana Handbook, specifically pages 15-16, which addresses this exact scenario - yes it would be a jurat but your regulations do not allow you to make that decision…

I did read my notary handbook. I was just nervous and over thinking it. Thanks for all your help!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.