How do I get business?

Hello All. I joined Notary Cafe on July 27, 2022. To date I have not received any signing requests. Would any of you mind looking at my profile and let me know what I am missing?? Is there something special I am supposed to be doing?? This my new business - and the 2 signings I’ve received were via a friend and 123Notary… And input is greatly appreciated. I’m more than happy to learn and network.

Marie

I wouldn’t rely on Notary Cafe to support your business…or any of the other forums or directories either. For starters, sign up with Snapdocs, Signing Order and other online platforms. Make sure you send them all of the documentation that they ask for and fill out your profile completely. Make it look like you know what you’re doing in this business. Now is a bad time to get started as a signing agent because business is in the toilet due to rising interest rates. If you can hold on long enough, things will (or at least might) improve.

6 Likes

Hello Marie,

I signed up with Snapdocs and Signing Order and from there it started to grow. Between the 2 I am kept busy :slight_smile: I am in Michigan…somewhat rural, but even with my area, I have regular offers with both. I felt like it took about a month to really get the ball rolling…but it will! Best of Everything to you and your new venture.

2 Likes

Hi Marie, take a look at your SigningAgent.com profile. 1. You have a huge service territory which is great, but then your profile also says you are willing to travel 25 only miles to do a signing. 2. Your profile indicates you do not accept eDocs. Those are a couple things to consider in your profile off the top of my head.

1. Consider is how reasonably easy/difficult you are for potential hiring companies to locate you online. Do a internet search for “notary signing agents in Colleyville, TX 76034” (or your city/state). If your your name or business does not come up in the search results, maybe considering adding yourself to Google maps, Microsoft Edge, Foursquare, etc.

2. With interest rates so high right now, the demand for refinances understandably dropped. Purchase/sale, HELOC, and reverse are the focus but it all comes down to supply and demand and we are all feeling it. You are not alone.

3. Try to promote and increase your general notary public work if you can. And again, make sure if someone does an internet search for “notary public” in your city/state, make sure your name/business comes up in the search results. If they have to scroll too much to find you, or if your name does not come up at all, they can’t call you if they can’t find you.

I see you just joined Notary Cafe. Please, spend some more time reading through the forum using the search feature for specific topics or questions. There is lots of good information here.

Good luck.

5 Likes

very good advice from Carmen_Lane

3 Likes

Good Morning Steve

Thanks for the heads up on the loan signing side of this business. Like Marie, I am also a new Signing agent and was looking for assignments also.

I signed up for Snapdocs months ago, and to date have not received any signing requests. Is there something specific that they are looking for? I’m in DFW, TX. I’ve tried reaching out to them and didn’t get any real support. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

I see that you’ve been on this forum since August. From then until now, interest rates have gone up 3 times, each at 3/4 of a point. That’s why you’re not getting any signing orders. Nobody is borrowing at 7%+. No refi’s, few buys, a few more sells and some GNW. That’s about it. I’m getting about four assignments a week from my very strong signing service and I turn down twice that many from other signing services because they pay a paltry $30-$65 which doesn’t cover my basic operating expenses per signing. It will get worse after December when it’s typically slow anyway.

If you’re trying to make notary your full-time gig, best to look for something else to do. As I’ve been saying for months now, it’s going to get really rough out there. I’m sorry to be so gloomy, but this is the reality. In any case, I do wish you well.

5 Likes

Carmen, you’re awesome! Thanks for the encouragement and advice!

1 Like