How do I politely and professionally respond to this email?

I appreciate your advice! Yes, I have $100k e&o. I visited a few TCs in my area but they all go through SS (who pay peanuts). I have 1 TC that’s been good to me but they are slowing down too :frowning:

1 Like

The less pay the more problems with the assignments. Once I accepted a $75 fee only because it was 2 blocks from me and it was a mortgage modification (15 pages). But then the signer was 15 minutes late, then it turned out she could not find any valid ID, I waited for another 20 minutes. Then I left her without the signing. I guess I will get a reimbursement of $10-20 dollars for my time.
Does not worse it.
The less pay the more problems.
Another time I agreed to $100 with the scanback (although it always was $125), and then I regraded about it as the signer needed to call the lender for clarifications and it took about 30 minutes just sitting there waiting for them. I was almost late for my another appointment.
I dont take anything lower $125 anymore.

3 Likes

And yet, everybody wants the scanback right after the closing, so you spend so much time on one assignment, reject other assignments to complete this one, and they want you to do it for $75?
Better yet, when you agree for $75 for 10am (as an example), then you rejected a $125 assignment for 11am, then you find out that that 10am was rescheduled for 2pm, the docs arrive at 1:30pm, you call the signers to reschedule it again, print, drive, sign, scan, drive to fedex, ship, drive back, and it is already 6pm and all you have earned was $45.18 for the whole day.

3 Likes

Arichter!!! Your advice is always the best!!! I see your comments all the time and I have benefited greatly from your experience! Thank you for always giving your 2 cents worth! You are appreciated!

5 Likes

Well yes, most of the time are small package, but they have the app that requires we click at the time… on time. ’ then… closing is done, and then drop off. if You forget to click at any time on those tabs, you get a defect, and they don’t give you another order in 3 months.
Every company has their own rules, if you fail, they don’t call you, another important issue is that the fule cost more money now per gallon.

That is ridiculous! I agree with Arichter. Not a penny less. Time to Hustle for better paying clients, and maybe expand the side hustles and see if some of those can be just as profitable without as much overhead.

1 Like

you’re not at that rate…just try to work with the companies that respect your value…

2 Likes

I am also in Washington. I do NOT ever let any signing service automatically assign loan signing appointments nor do I let any signing service dictate to me what payment I will accept for an assignment. These companies would like for the notary signing agent to use their appoiintment calendars in their booking system to determine signing agent availability and be able to assign automatically and at the price they want. This saves signing services time and money because then they don’t need to negotiate anything and their payouts to the notary are lower.

I try to be friendly, polite, and professional always. Some of the schedulers and vendor managers calling me are very stressed out. Many are still working from home and teams are short handed. And there is added pressure because of this pandemic. I have empathy for them.

Here is what I tell them when they ask me to use their calendar auto booking system and to accept their preferred rates:

“NO, THANK YOU. I really enjoy working with you. But as I work with multiple companies, I must remain in full control of my appointment calendar and be able to negotiate rates based on the assignment, prep, travel, and time involved.”

In response, I was asked to provide a spreadsheet to show my rates and I did that. (My rates vary a great deal ($150-550) ultimately depending on how far they need me to travel.)

I hope this helps you. Wishing you the best.

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice Carmen! I emailed them pretty much the same thing…they never got back to me :frowning: Oh well…on to the next! I’ve been looking for other WA notaries to network with and just talk to about stuff we as NSAs go through.

1 Like

They sent me a similar email. They are using the newer notaries just like every other company. I don’t get assignments from them either and my fee is set low for $100 a refi in the DMV area. I hate servicelink. Their packages are too big and that auto assign is crap.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that, too. The lower paying jobs always come with pages and pages of rules, guidelines, and lots of FONT IN ALL CAPS AND RED COLOR. It’s demeaning and micromanaging. They always want the most work while paying the least. And they usually have a 45-60 pay schedule. What the hell? If you’re scamming me out of my hard earned money that I’m making for you, you could at least give me my pennies quicker haha.

5 Likes

Totally agree! Those instructions in FONT and RED with a huge “NOTARY STOP :stop_sign: AND READ”.
I always was wondering: if you send it to me like that, it means you find me totally no capable. And, if so, then why don’t you just go and do it yourself !

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of EXOS, they are low ballers.

2 Likes

And don’t forget the size of the packages and number of notarizations!

1 Like

Is this EXOS or a Title company you are working with? Or is EXOS a Title Company? I know Amrock is a TC, but didn’t know if EXOS was the same.

I am getting 100-125. for smaller package and 150 or more for larger packages and could be more depending on miles travelled. Fees have been moving around this year, but seems going down is what they are doing now. As is said above if you value your time and work why work for a discount? The size of the packages grow and the notarization are more. The large signing/title companies have always tried to cut our fees. I have heard it all over the years. I believe the company you are referring to above calls every year in January to try to get you to lower fees. I never have. Although I tell them I will look at my costs and consider. Speaking of costs, have you factored in the price of gas lately? They do get a lot of new people that will take a large package for 85.00. They get it back with a lot of mistakes. The new person probably overwhelmed may keep on doing that for a while until they realize that are not making any money. Then they may just drop out. Stick you your values!

1 Like

This is so true. I like it! :clap:

It appears that this company has a repetition for low ball fees. I no longer accept work from them for that very reason. I refuse to step over dollars to pick up pennies. Sometimes walking away has nothing to do with weakness and everything to do with strength. We walk away not because we want others to realize our worth and value, but because we finally realize our own. This is a business for me and not a hobby and I treat it as such. Continue to stand firm and know your worth. There are TC out there who do value our work.

3 Likes

Amrock’s pacakages are usually very small. Most of the docs are signed on line by the borrower. They usually have two or three documents that need a stamp. So less paper, less toner and less time spent in the borrowers home. It’s a win.

4 Likes

In Texas there’s between 20 to 60 new NSA entering the business each month. That’s a minimum of 240 newbies that have been told to take low ball offers to gain experience. This is not a business that pays for experience, its a commodity business that goes to the low bidder.

3 Likes