How do I politely and professionally respond to this email?

I’m in WA and I noticed the influx of new NSAs here as well! I ignore anything (refis and purchase) that are under $100 but I see other notaries snatching them with no problem. I’m like ma’am/sir how are you surviving in this business and economy?? An SS in my area used to offer $100 for their standard loan packages…they gradually reduced their fee down to $75 for a refi.

2 Likes

Over the last 18 months Refis have declined from $150 to $60 on the low side. On the bright side of things I’m getting more resign business due to notarial errors.

1 Like

I’m SPEECHLESS! I just got a blast offer for a JP Morgan Chase Private Client signing that emphasized this was a “white glove signing – notary must wear professional attire”. Offer $75. Are you kidding me? At $75, professional attire is the least of your concerns for a Private Wealth Client. I am a preferred notary for these signings for which I am paid a minimum of $200.00. But, I haven’t received a request for one of these signings from the title company that usually contacts me for at least 6 months. What’s going on here?! I’m Speechless!! Are any of you other preferred notaries finding the same thing?

2 Likes

White glove signing for $75?? Sounds like a sweatpants and t-shirt signing price. Smh.

8 Likes

I always have this question. Last min 9:30 pm signing, get alert at 9:20pm, docs available at 9:25 pm. Do people actually get dressed up for that?

1 Like

Private Wealth Client signings don’t come in at the last minute. At least, I’ve never received any requests with such a tight timeline. You are supposed to show up to those signings at least 30 minutes ahead of time. And, you don’t call them to confirm signings. Everything is already set up for you as a concierge service. You just show up. Often you will have their phone number just to call and announce yourself since many of them have gated properties. You will call to get access. And, yes, I do get dressed for these signings. But, I’m usually well dressed for all of my signings.

2 Likes

LOL :joy: And slippers and a bonnet

2 Likes

And they get snatched so fast too! I once did a signing at a Starbucks and noticed another NSA doing a signing in leggings, sweater and UGGs knockoffs :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I was so embarrassed :disappointed:

Oh wow! That’s just shady. I haven’t received one like that but I see a lot $75 purchases/refis with scan back….some NSAs are accepting these lowball offers in seconds w/out any negotiations. It’s such a terrible habit because it’s cheapening the industry and diminishing the importance of NSAs!

1 Like

omg today I had the day from hell with them…ever since they switched over to the new company…one hand doesn’t know what the other is doing…ten different people calling emailing texting and an outside agency, the wrong forms, the wrong information and after all day long with this nonsense they pulled the order AFTER I completed the closing…threatening to not pay me…their faxback email doesn’t work correctly…just awful.

AMROCK is a mess…everyone I have done for them in the past six months has been a disaster.

I have 16 yr experience. I have direct business and signing companies. I merely was stating how they are low balling the fees and I have never excepted a low fee. I challenge it and usually get the higher fee. My E&O is 1,000,000 and I also have a business liability as well. I’m well equipped. I have enough business that I have a dual tray printer in my new Honda with a 1500amp inverter hardwired to my battery. It’s all just a conversation.

Yes @Arichter you are. Thank you!

Easy. Fire them. Being angry and concerned over this is a waste of time. I’ll keep it short: just fire them. Let them experience what happens when they start assigning jobs to someone doing it cheaper keep in mind their licenses are at play too. I don’t wish them ill ever nevertheless when they venture for someone with little or no experience they assume a greater risk for their business that in the end could make them pay dearly. So,once again fire them and focus on what you can control….oh to answer your question, don’t respond to their email just let your silence speak volumes for their decision.

2 Likes

Amrock has different lenders that they work with different size packages, and only sometimes asked for faxbacks. That said they always require you print two files and like to have a set fee they can pay you. They will cancel the assignment sometimes after you have printed and it takes many phones calls to get paid for the print fee. Communication can be difficult. They are big. I am getting much more than $75-$85. That is too low!

I am in Washington too. I know the company you are referring to and I also love working with them! However I stand my ground with them regarding my fees. Especially important to do so now. I just spent over $65 this morning to fill up my Mini Cooper for heaven’s sake.

I never accept EXOS “auto assign” with those shockingly low rates being offered. No way, Jose. They can call me and I will politely counter their a low offer with my rate for the assignment. Either they can approve it or not. The negotiation is a simple business transaction and no one’s feelings should be hurt if both sides are professional.

They offer xx, I counter xxx. They tell me they will see if they can get it approved and will get back to me. If they do, great! If they cannot, that’s OK too. Both sides just go about their lives.

Don’t let anyone make you feel bad about your rate or badger you into accepting their rate. You are in business to BE IN BUSINESS. They are not nonprofit companies. And you are not a nonprofit signing agent. We all have bills to pay.

Hang in there.

4 Likes

Look at the amount of time each type of signing requires. That includes downloading and printing docs, tagging the pages to be signed or initialed, checking monetary entries to see if anything looks out of line
(I received one for a reverse mortgage that showed the client’s monthly income was $745,500.00…an error that I was able to have corrected prior to making the client’s copy to keep.) Then track the average time it takes to drive to and from certain areas and time spent with the client on each type of signing. Decide what hourly rate would you expect if you were in an office with the same responsibility.
I don’t think any of us are looking to make minimum wage. I value my time no less than $20 an hour and that’s what I expect to be paid.

Please value your time at least at $30/hr (minimum). McDonalds is hiring at $19/hr. You have greater skills.

3 Likes

Update. The last time I checked a settlement statement the borrowers were still paying $250 for a notary. I would rather spend my money on the numbers site than to give up 80% of my fee to a middleman.