How do signing services work?

Hello fellow notaries,

I just started working on my Signing agent services. I started receiving notifications to accept signings. I accepted so far 3 (closing and seller packages). I replied with “Yes, I am available”. I got the confirmation saying “You will receive a text and a confirmation order emailed, if assigned to this order”.

This answer was vague. It looks like they accept several notary signing agents and they evaluate who is capable or experienced to the job and then they will call you.

I called one of them which is “Unlimited Ink” and the clerk confirmed that even if I click “accept” it does not mean that I got the job. They will evaluate me first if I don’t comply with their requirements, they won’t choose me.

Any recommendations of Signing Services that accepts new notaries or agents? I heard that some notaries when they confirm their availability they get the job right away.

Any suggestions or advices?

Thank you!
Yris

Key word in their boilerplate response is IF. What you need to know is they blast each signing out to many nearby & often very distant notaries…and usually pick the cheapest (who’s probably working at a loss). And they usually start out with a fee that won’t even pay your expenses. Most of us will counter with a fee that provides a profit, so if you want to look ‘not like a newb’…counter.

7 Likes

yes stay away from unlimited ink.

2 Likes

Ohh really? I thought it was a good signing services entity.

According to their website they prefer to hire signing agents who were trained by Notary2Pro or NotaryStars.

There is a glut of new notaries who thought they could make $100k a year.
They spent money with the shysters of the internet and were told they’d be hired.
Google signing companies …send your information to them
Figure your fee is $50 / hour
Includes gas, wear and tear… insurance , supplies (paper ink).
Equipment… 2 drawer laser printer…pc…
(Paper by the case is cheaper legal and letter size)
Sign here stickers
Keep your other job…
Good luck

2 Likes

thank your for your recommendations. Yes, you are right, newbies learned on internet that they can earn $100K a year. That it can not be build easily, it takes a lot of effort and time.

1 Like

Unlimited Ink treats everyone like a newbie, even if they have 20 years of experience.