How to get leads?

I’m new to being an NSA, I got my certs about 2 months ago, so far I have only gotten one lead, I am signed on with tons of Title Co.'s but I worry my city has too many for an upcoming Mobile Notary

@trinity.anne024 Hmmmm . . . well, I’m not certain where to begin. So, I’ll just start with the Search Function.

This information is immediately available within the Notary Cafe database & is very insightful & helpful.

Also, it’s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them.

Many members find it difficult/nearly impossible to locate the Search Function in order to access the wealth of info available within the database.

To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums via the Magnifying Glass.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ‘chasing’ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

======

To get you started on the Research & reading material available along your line of questioning, here are a few direct url links to germane threads:

======

You’ll also want to search online to check into the number of peers in your immediate area.

:swan:

Agree with cNsa5 - hard to say and respond properly - we don’t know where you’re located so not even sure if you can do loan signings in your state or if your state restricts your performance. However, a search here using various keywords will undoubtedly yield the answers you seek.

With only 2 months in, I would strongly suggest that while you continue to market to signing companies and title companies (who most likely will want more than 2 months’ experience) - hone your notary public skills so you know your state laws cold - market your general notary work locally to get your practice in on notarizing. You need to walk carefully before you run - jumping into closings immediately can be disastrous for your signers, and for you, if you make any mistakes with probably the most important financial transaction of their lifetime.

Best of luck. It’s a tough business to get into now.

Leads? Loan Signing Agent isn’t sales. By signing up with 100 signing services you have joined a list of loan signing agents. When orders come into a signing service they began calling their list of notaries or send out a text “blast” to all signing agents signed up with them. You pay for the “Lead” by giving up a good portion of what the signers are paying for the service, usually 50-70%.

The most successful LSA’s (the six figures ones) are bypassing the signing services by signing up directly with escrow or title companies.

2 Likes

Man those percentages bite, but it’s true :woozy_face: :roll_eyes: :grimacing: :crazy_face:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.