How to Get Started

I have been officially certified for about 3 weeks and have signed up for every signing service you can think of but I have yet to receive any jobs. Can someone help me out here? I would like to get started in the new business venture.

1 Like

@bethanyjacobnotary As with most businesses that are starting out, itā€™s a SLOW process.

In general, most do find building a business within this business sector to be a MARATHON, not a sprint.

Well, that is unless you live in a region that isnā€™t already saturated with Trained, Certified, & experienced Notary Signing Agents [NSAs] who are also seeking out Signing Orders OR if you have a family member who works at a Title/Escrow Company [T/EC]. :wink: In those scenarios (and a few others), you may find it to be a BREEZE!

As a fellow business owner, Iā€™d like to offer an opportunity to further enhance your business acumen & skill set (speaking proverbially) by ā€œteaching you how to fish;ā€ instead of giving you a fish . . .

Specifically, this link may be insightful & quite helpful. :sparkles: Check out all 3 answers on it:

Best wishes :angel:

@bethanyjacobnotary Also, itā€™s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them. A great start of research would begin within the Notary Cafe forums Search Function.

Most members find it difficult/nearly impossible to locate the Search Function in order to access the wealth of info available within the database.

To be helpful, Iā€™ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ā€˜chasingā€™ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

:swan:

@bethanyjacobnotary Plus,. here are several threads that youā€™ll find quite insightful, packed with helpful information, & quite a bit of WISDOM!

:swan:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.