I am having problems getting a EIN from the IRS

I have been trying to get a EIN from the IRS for 3 months. I tried online I get the error code 101. I have also call them and fax them my paper work and still no number. Anyone else having problems?

No trouble getting it changed from my business into my name. If you have been using Chrome, try using FireFox or any other browser. That was an original problem for me.

Can you spare a stamp? Write them a letter. Explain your difficulties and ask for their assistance. The human touch can make quite a difference. Human to human with no computer in between. Can’t hurt, could help.
Bobbi Scherrer

I had an issue with one person’s EIN when I used to request EINs for start ups. When I google this is what pops up online:

An EIN 101 Error refers to a name conflict with your EIN (Employer Identification Number). This is usually the result of an incomplete EIN application or the IRS has found another registered entity name that is too similar to yours.

Thank you for your help.

Thank you I hate having to use my SSN

1 Like

I just got one last week and had no problems. I selected the choice that sends it to you by email instead of US Mail and I got it right away. I did use my chrome browser.

1 Like

That’s not good that you’re having problems. I plan on starting to work on getting one within the next week or so. Please post if you are successful at getting one. Best wishes

1 Like

I’m getting the same Error Message 101. When I try to call I get a message saying they have a very large number of calls and try again later.