I got something notarized at UPS for the first time... 😭

I am not shocked in the least. I actually pay for a box at my local UPS Store. They are supposed to have a notary on staff but never do. I always have my notary stamp and business cards on me when I pick up my packages there. I have definitely gotten clients that way.

2 Likes

Getting a RON for a document that is going to be used right away might be OK, especially if it can be easily done over if it isn’t accepted. But RON is a poor choice for a document that might not be used for 40 years. No way to tell if anyone will be even able to read a 40-year-old electronic document.

Next time you need to call UPS Store to see when they’re less busiest times are, which is going to be early in the morning, period. This is their busiest time of the year, Christmas.
Also the store was run by manny, moe & jack. Sounded like a Sh*t-show.
Also if you called in advance or at the counter you could of asked if they charge extra for the witnesses. On most two witness documents, the notary can also be one of the witnesses.
Here in Ca. we pay $15. per.
I owned a shipping center (16 years) prior to getting into the loan signing business.
it’s good you got your WILL in order now.

There’s a self-proving affidavit that is notarized.

This is just tooooo good,. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.