I just remembered why I try not to do weekend signings

I came in late and finally sat down to print my documents for a closing on Saturday at 10:00am to only notice on the documents from the escrow company printed the signers first and middle name but did not print his last name on a few documents. The lender docs are correct but the settlement statement and the Quit Claim Deed appears to be wrong.

I reached out to the SS… no answer yet I’m hoping I will get one in the morning…. First time this has ever happened to me and go figure it’s Friday the 13th why am I not surprised

3 Likes

Wow, IMO, that is something that you address directly with the Title Co or Lender to save time from going back and forth with too many people. SS don’t handle that issue. Sounds like docs need to redrawn.

1 Like

Or have them correct by hand and initial the change - maybe that would be acceptable. Can always do a corrective deed later.

4 Likes

Simply put? KUDOS to you for even reviewing the docs and catching it before hitting the table!

2 Likes

No one at the title office today so I printed two sets… had the second set corrected and signed and initialed by the borrower and the first set signed as printed as they issued…. Let them figure it out.

3 Likes

Good, the best part of your situation is that if it requires the re-sign you will get to do it again for another full fee:)

Maybe…there’s never a guarantee of that.

3 Likes

Make all efforts to make contact with the signing and title co., tell them your going to have the borrower correct and initial those documents. Then go ahead with the signing. If it was lender docs. don’t even print them. Tell the Signing and Title company the issue, and that they will have to do a re-draw on Monday.

I had two sets printed and signed… sent it… accepted