I Need Advice

Good Morning, I am new to the NSA industry. I have signed up with Snap Docs and Notary Cafe. I have been officially “active” as a NSA for two weeks now. My profile seems to be professional but I have not received any request yet. I live right outside of Atlanta area so I thought business would be in high demand right now. I’m starting to get discouraged. Do you have any advice to give?

Atlanta…as in Georgia? If so, GA is an attorney-only state for loan signings.

5 Likes

Arichter is correct - you’re going to have to market your general notary skills as GA is an attorney-only state (page 29 of your handbook).; sorry you were misled about your ability to do loan signings in GA.

Market to hospitals, nursing homes, schools, attorneys, etc;

6 Likes

As of May 10, 2021, the average annual pay for a Loan Signing Agent in Atlanta is $54,838 an year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $26.36 an hour. This is the equivalent of $1,055/week or $4,570/month.

While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $97,203 and as low as $20,042, the majority of Loan Signing Agent salaries currently range between $30,062 (25th percentile) to $61,127 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $91,190 annually in Atlanta.

The average pay range for a Loan Signing Agent varies greatly (as much as $31,065), which suggests there may be many opportunities for advancement and increased pay based on skill level, location and years of experience.

Interesting numbers, there, Joe. But wouldn’t that Loan Signing Agent also be a lawyer as this is GA?

5 Likes

Do you market to hospitals?

1 Like

1099 contractors aren’t salaried. ZipRecruiter may not be referring to the work we do. A salary infers employment

1 Like

Market to real estate attorney, but also market you GNW. I am also outside of
Atlanta.

1 Like

Hey tbailey, that is a fully loaded question. I’ve been doing loan signings for 6 years now and I can tell you that results depend on how much work you put into. First off signing up on snapdocs and notary cafe is a getting start but I don’t think that would be enough. You would have to sign up with a whole bunch of signing services like Notary Dash, SigningTrac, to name a few. Also having a LinkedIn profile is good too. A lot of escrow officers check out linkedin pages and it should be set up right for maximum results. Having a social media presence it also a big thing and getting connected with groups on FB too like Safe Haven for New Notaries are a great help. I hope this helps. Feel free to reach out if you need any help. Don’t be discouraged. You got this!

4 Likes

No ma’am. This isn’t true, yes this is an attorney state but the attorney’s rather pass this type of work on. There are plenty of NSA’s in Atlanta and surrounding areas. I thought my Georgia folks would have at least responded to my post to give a fellow Georgian some advice.

1 Like

How long did it take you to start getting requests daily? My sister lives in Maryland and it only took her a week and she has been getting calls every since. I put Atlanta in my original post but I have been marketing to Cobb County, Bartow County, Cherokee County but no takers so far. I’m hoping that I didn’t waste all this money in training and office supplies. How do I market to estate attorneys?

Thank you for your encouragement. I really need that right now. I have signed up with Snap Docs, Notary Cafe, Signing Trac, NNA, Signing Orders… where else can I sign up? Ugh! Where else can I market myself as a new NSA? Unfortunately, I can’t place this new adventure on LinkedIn just yet. I still work my full-time job and their HR and owner of company watch this site like a hawk to see if their current employees are looking for a new job or making money in other ways. It’s a BIG NO NO to them.
Your advise/suggestion is greatly appreciated.

I’m in Metro Atlanta too… and signing agencies have NOT put food on my table.
I’ve signed up with at least 100 of them. YOU ARE NOT ALONE, as a newbie… I’m scrambling to diversify; and make this thing work. For me, this has to work.

I was verified by SNAPDOCS in March. I have a 100% response rate and my rating is “High.”’

Since 04/16, I’ve had exactly TWO assignments. One was a 7-page correction, where the FIRST notary got the money, and I got scratch. The other was a sellers’ package and I was low balled. But I took it because I need experience.
I need to EARN endorsements. Both signings were clean, and I got endorsements.

I’m reading that it’s been a bit slow, for most Mobile Notary Loan Signing Agents.
June should tell us.

1 Like

So how else are you getting yourself known if not for signing agencies?

I’m jumping OVER signing agencies.
I’m going into real estate attorneys’ offices, cold, here close to my home.
I’m passing out cards… next week, I’ll go back with flyers.

I’m about to open it up to general notary work so a slow day can still look like $100.
As you know, in GA we can’t charge much for the stamp, but the IRS allows .56 per mile. (That’s where your money is on GNW).
That’s just a start… I launched this month. (In my head, I was going to get 20 clean signings under my belt from signing agencies; then approach attorneys. NOPE… gotta switch it up).

Got it! if you can only charge $2.00 (I think for GA) a notary, who are you charging for the miles? The IRS? that income won’t be seen till the following year when you do your taxes, right?

Right you are about the $2 stamps for GNW. But we charge the signer for the gas. Yes.
My driving limit is about 30 miles. So if I do 60 miles round robin, I can charge about $35.
Profit, half a tank of gas. (No printing for docs).
Im going to hop off, but we should stay in touch.

Oh ok, so I just need to find a way to market myself as a GNW in my surrounding areas. Are you getting clients by word of mouth or are these all people you know? and how many GNW are you doing a day till you start doing loan signings?

Loan signings are my priority because they’re more profitable.
However, GNW comes in a flash from a Google listing, Thumbtack.
Put your business up, and watch.
I was up on Thumbtack; and my phone was jumping for GNW… and I didn’t answer.
I sat back and waiting for signing agencies. Newbie move. Now I see that I was wrong.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your tips and forgive me for so many questions BUT I have another…lol
How do I go about listing my business on “Thumbtack”? Is there a fee? Please educate me on this. I’m trying to make this NSA my full time work and leave corporate america for good. My ears are open to what you have to say.