In-House Closer Position

What is the purpose of getting a title insurance license? Springboard to a new job, or will it help you NSA business?

1 Like

Like seriously that is my GOAL!!! Congrats!

2 Likes

Since she hasn’t responded yet - MD requires a TPL to do loan signings.

1 Like

I think this sounds amazing!! I think you can forecast your schedule so much better than general unpredictability of NSA work. Congrats and good luck to you.

3 Likes

** UPDATE **

I will be working as a Closer thats paid per closing and all signers come to the office to close. I will be assigned to 1 office for the day and I do all print/copy/scan there. I am only required to be at the office for a closing, so once I’m finished - I can leave.

Thanks for all of the advice!!

14 Likes

Congratulations, Julie. :sparkles::woman_cartwheeling::tulip: Enjoy the blessing of this opportunity! :angel::pray:

1 Like

2 things come to mind: I guess you do not need a title agent license and HOW are you being paid?

1 Like

I’m with JohnM and I also have another question - what exactly are the expectations of you when you “package the loan docs” after closing. There are so many little “chores” (for lack of a better word) that are part and parcel of post-closing handling of the docs - it goes beyond stuffing them in an envelope. Curious what they expect of you.

Also, you’re a “closer”? One office per day…are you an employee or IC and are you going to be covered under their professional liability policy. Also, is a license required to be a “closer” in your state (my apologies, I don’t recall where you’re located).

All this comes to mind along with “will the compensation be commensurate with the duties involved and the time expended”…

3 Likes

Sounds like a great opportunity. What does “Package” the loan docs mean? if you don’t mind sharing.

3 Likes

Sounds fabulous! Enjoy your new gig!

1 Like

Congratulations on your new job! I read the comments, but may have missed if someone asked this question. Will you be able to do additional loan signings, with other title companies or through sign services, on your own time?

1 Like

Congratulations :clap:. That zounds like the perfect situation

2 Likes

Yes. I will be able to do additional signings on my own time.:smiling_face:

2 Likes

In this position I will be closing the loan from beginning to end - not just conducting the signing. I will be getting the package from the lender, adding the title company docs, conduct the signing with the borrowers, complete all wire transfers, then prep the docs for recording.

I will complete the closing from beginning to end - not just conduct the signing. I will be an employee of the title company that gets paid on a “per closing” basis, which is considered a Contract Employee.

I am being paid as a Contract Employee for the Title company on a per closing basis.

By marketing directly.

1 Like

Marketing directly? Did you do many closings for them?

I have not done any closings for them.

WELL…I just fell off my chair ! PLEASE tell US your marketing approach.

1 Like