In-House Closer Position

I was offered a position as an “In-House Closer” for a title company in my area. The position is similar to being a Mobile Signing Agent - I will be paid per closing, but I will only be required to travel between 5 title offices (signers come to the office to close) and I will be required to “Package” the loan docs upon completion.

Is anyone familiar with this position? Pros? Cons? Any feedback is appreciated.

14 Likes

Some of us would kill to have this type of opportunity - I’d love to do something like that around me. However, it would depend on several factors:

1. What’s the fee paid per closing
  2. Do they print and/or copy or do you? And how long would each transaction take;
  3. How much traveling in between offices and are you compensated for that
  4. Do you retain your independent contractor status or are you on the payroll with taxes, workers’ comp, Medicare/SS deducted?

In my previous life I did real estate closing for a law firm - all of it from beginning to end. In my experience from back then, without printing, I’m going to say time involved is 45-60 minutes table time and the same for “packaging” - so figure 2 hours per file, give or take. If you have 5/day in each office that’s a 9-10 hour day…phew…

Good Luck and let us know how this goes.

9 Likes

Just one question… How did you get so lucky? I’d really like to get signed on like this. Any pointers? Do you personally know someone at the firm or well, how? Any ways, congratulations :bouquet:

4 Likes

Run don’t walk to this opportunity this is a dream come true the experience alone is worth gold. I did this years ago for a company call Dream Builders in a title office did 5 or 6 closings a day it was awesome no printing no traveling paid me per closing the only down side was I had to be there 9 to 5 Monday thru Friday spent a lot of time in the break room waiting

7 Likes

Sounds great but I would like to know if it’s your schedule or theirs. Also, what is the pay?

2 Likes

Sounds like a good offer. You will get direct experience and knowledge. I would try it. You can always walk away if it doesn’t work out. Good Luck!!

1 Like

It sounds like a good opportunity for you assuming that the pay is fair.

2 Likes

I was offered such a position- no driving, no printing, just arrive and walk signers through the docs, five or six sets of signers per day. They had offered a flat $500 or so for a day’s signings and I was working on improving that offer when I discovered their signers are not English speaking and everything would go through an interpreter who was to sit in with us.

No thanks, sigh… :cry:

2 Likes

Having an interpreter is not legal, at least in the state of Colorado

1 Like

Well, having observed a Ouija Board signing when I started out as a notary, it appeared to me needing an interpreter was another step in the wrong direction.

Thanks, I’ll call MO and ask about this.

3 Likes

That is my main concern - the schedule. :eyes:

That is a good question…“How long does each transaction take?” Thanks!

1 Like

Looking for some answers from: rockinghamnp…It’s been a week since your question with several questions from the forum. How about a status update!

3 Likes

Everyone was out for the holiday, so I am meeting with the Area Manager this week - I will have an update soon!

All of these are very good questions, and I will have answers soon.

4 Likes

Any tips I am in Georgia to?

I just finished Mark Will’s Loan Signing System class and it was very detailed and taught how to guide the borrowers on filling out specific forms within the loan package that a lot of rooky notaries don’t know how to do, but he also went over specifically how to market to RE agents, escrow and title companies to land a setup like rockinghamnp’s. Can’t wait to hear the details!

2 Likes

Since you are in Georgia, this is perfect for you. You’ll learn a lot more about the back story on processing loans from a title company’s perspective, and that will be a big benefit for you in the future.

1 Like

Agree - as long as there is an attorney in the office - not all title companies have attorneys working in house.

1 Like

Congratulations on completing the loan signings system training with Mark Wells. I did as well and recently received my title insurance license in May. Currently, signing up with signing services and networking while doing general mobile notary. Looking forward to loan signing though.

Congratulations! Sounds like a fantastic opportunity! Good for you!

1 Like