In-House RON Closing is the future?

RON will be the death of NSA’s. Start preparing for other work I am afraid to say.

2 Likes

In house RON seems to be the dark storm in the distance. Why would they pay a third party if they don’t need to.

1 Like

Exactly @jnewberry - I called this last year - it’s not out of the realm of possibility - think Zoom meetings and such. It’s a financial boon for the title company.

2 Likes

Like other businesses, title companies look for ways to efficiently increase their bottom line/profit. They are in business to make money. Some of the comments here mention adapting to changing times. In any profession a person needs to be aware of coming changes and adjust accordingly or even find a new line of work.

2 Likes

This is PRECISELY why many of the experienced CNSAs who’ve seen the changes on the upcoming horizon states many reasons why NOT to become a CNSA now.

Best Wishes :swan:

This is what keeps the NSA courses in business, as most new students have only been employees.

1 Like

45The thing is RON does not pay $75-$100 for Loan Closings. they pay like $25-$50. sad right.

1 Like

My lowest RON for the time being is $65. I’m sure it will get even lower when we have more RON notaries flooding the market. I’m ok with that because working from home at my own time is most important than driving around all over, the wear and tear on my car is horrible. Not to mention the more you’re out there the higher the risk of getting in trouble. I saw way too many accidents and bad drivers. I pray before I start the engine because of the crazy drivers out there. I’m ok, if I will never see 6 figures again going forward. I value my life, my health, and my family most. This is why I’m working very hard to try to transition my signing business to hopefully 100% RON. I’ve done a good amount of real estate/loan closings via RON. I’m comfortable to do all RON now. :pray:

3 Likes

RON is my new best friend. :pray:
Thank God, they didn’t give me a defect because I gave back 2 of the signings scheduled for today due to snow. This is where it is good for titles to have more notaries so they can always find someone to take over on a day like this.

It must be a regional difference. I’ve never been offered, nor would I accept RON signings at that rate. In my area they are routinely between $65-$75.

Here in my area CO is snowing but luckily I got three Refis over $150.00 , I got some offers for RON $65-70s I did not take, only miraclous notaries can convert these RON signings on inflated rates, why ? I do not know…

1 Like

Thank you for taking the orders! I gave back two scheduled for today due to snow! I’m afraid of driving in the snow! This is where I’m glad we have more notaries available to take orders!

In the future on a day like this you can ask for $400 and you will get it too!

My signings were previously set @$150.00 each for the day, so just because we had a couple of inches of snow, I was not to call title and ask for more, I am a Professional NSA, with Ethics and Morals, I am not greedy and opportunist, Besides a little snow cannot deter this Rocky Mountain Spirit.

Lord, trying to give someone advice how to negotiate and this is what I get. I give up.

2 Likes

Well if you’re getting $150 for each loan closing without negotiating you’re doing pretty good. You definitely won’t have a problem making six figures. Congratulations!

So being a powerful negotiator and get what you want is considered unethical and immoral? Great I’m seeing a new generation of weakness. Good luck. Maybe you should do the lowest fee you can afford you’ll be the best NSA. :grin:

Wit all due respect, you are giving advice without being asked, personally if I consider asking for help I wont hesitate doing that, and show gratitude to you or someone else.

2 Likes

Not sure how mannie1950 feels…but IMO VIP, this was snarky and uncalled for. Should have quit while you were ahead

1 Like

Getting steady signings from a Title Company who keeps me busy paying me what is stipulated in the ALTA and CD documents if it is $150.00 I will do it, why I am to put pressure on Title for another $100.00 or $ 200.00 more jeopardizing
my relationship with them? they can dump me and offer those signings to other notaries in the area taking $62.00- 75.00 Lowballs. I am not a bragster about making six figures and never will be, new generation of weakness? I negotiate when negotiations are needed, Lowest fees? I did it, highest fees? I will never disclose them, that is not my style, The best NSA? I don’t think so, but I am a Professional NSA.

2 Likes