Inconsistencies

So here is a simple question fellow Notaries; you get a package, you print it and as you page through you start thinking … (i.e.) this 30 minute signing is going to take an hour because … EVERY Page of the Deed of Trust needs to be initialed and the same with the Note. There are the standard notarization for Affidavit of Occupancy, Signature Affidavits and others. BUT WHY are some companies asking you to have every page of the Credit Reports initialed, request the Amortization Schedule to be initialed on EVERY page, while other Title Companies don’t even require a signature on the last page, or Solidify, where you have to produce 8-10 notarization for their in-house paperwork. Just frustrating, I wish there would be some consistency across the board. What do you all think?

1 Like

I think I wouldn’t work for them at all. In fact, during COVID-19, I only want to work for reasonable companies that pay timely and well, with streamlined documents. I’ve identified companies that want too many initials. I get the Note and DOT, but the amortization schedule? Credit reports, I don’t see initials often on these. Lender requirements, not title.

1 Like

They do what they want because they can. What annoys me the most is Trust signings as some want ‘sign as typed’; some want signature only; some want ‘signature,Trustee’…but they never tell you how they want it done…and I just had one where Lender (Freedom) wanted ALL of Trust verbiage ‘signed’, but guy’s attorney told him he had to print all Trust verbiage (which includes his name) and then ‘sign’ only his name. Too much ‘table time’ during covid.

1 Like

Staywme, the software package they use for their loan docs is the reason for it. I’m sure there are ways to adjust the settings but they probably have no idea