Incorrect notary blocks and missing information

I received a notary assignment with two packages. The first was the normal documents for closing. The second package looks like it was created by the Company giving me the job. This package had Notary blocks that were incomplete, missing places to put the state and county, the person you were notarizing, the date, and the type of notarization. It also contain many documents That weren’t completely filled out. I told them that I needed to comply with the state of Washington’s required notary blocks and would need to add the missing language, and that if the signer was uncomfortable with the missing information they might leave these areas blank, Although I could not advise them what to do.

Has anyone encountered this. The name of the signing service is BCHH, Inc. and they are listed as a title solutions provider out of PA. My first job with them.

1 Like

What types of documents weren’t completed? Depending on what it is, it may need to be completed by the signer’s at the table before they sign and you notarize.

As for missing language, that happens a lot and you just place the info that’s missing.

1 Like

The documents were notarization of oaths. I did add the proper notary block language required by my state to about 5 documents during signing. The main loan documents were all correct. This third-party company seem to have created their own 45 pages where all of the notary blocks and many pages were incomplete. I had never seen documents like these before. I told the signor to just fill in what he knew and leave the rest blank.

Call the company from the table

I called them prior to the signing. They told me to do what I needed to do and have the signor leave blank what he didn’t know. Puts a lot of stress on a notary to rewrite notary blocks when their job is just to notarize signatures of correct people. Won’t work for this company again. It was their additional document, not that of title, that they inserted in the signing with improper information.

1 Like

I just print out loose certificate, and use the loose certificate.

1 Like