Invoicing Signing Agencies/TItle Companies/Lenders

Do the signing agencies expect you to invoice them for your mileage, edocs, scan backs time, and each notarized signature? Or do you incorporate your expenses into the fee you agree to with the signing agency? Thanks.

@bethkavelman.nsa Hmmm . . . Normally, itemize the invoices by service category, if the client requires/requests an invoice. :crown: Some clients don’t want an invoice as they create it In-House.

Invoices for Loan Signing Orders

• Professional Signing Agent Fee (mileage & notarizations would already be included in this fee)
  • Print Fee
  • Scan/Faxback Fee
  • Etc.

Invoices for GNW

• Time & Travel Fee
  • Notarization Fee
  • Print Fee
  • Scan/Faxback Fee
  • Etc.

Why? It’s ‘safer’ that way. Some states are particularly specific about the maximum fee that can be charged for notarizations. So, being specific is Optimum. :sparkles::yellow_heart:

Best Wishes :sparkles:

2 Likes

1st Question: No. 2nd Question: Yes Caveat–a few signing services demand invoicing them with very specific instructions on how, when. Never bother itemizing. These will be included in the Order.
YOU may wish to itemize for tax purposes, but it doesn’t have to be in invoice form…just keep GOOD records.

1 Like

I would add that you should learn how to create a statement, which covers some calendar period such as a month, quarter, or year. You may never have a client ask for a statement, but you should be prepared to send one if they ask.

The statement would show the charge for each assignment, the payments that have been received, and the balance due.

I once had a company that gave me several assignments where they would FedEx deeds and checks to me and I would take them to the appropriate town clerk’s office for recording. Pretty much everything about their procedures were confused. They paid me everything they owed me, and then sent another payment. I sent it back. They sent me still another undeserved payment. I sent it back, and this time I sent them a statement for the entire year, showing a zero balance. That satisfied them.

Thank you to all of you for your quick response. It is greatly appreciated! :smile:

1 Like