IRS suspends processing ERC claims

Good morning I hope all is well with you. Yesterday the IRS suspended new Employee Retention Credit processing. IRS is also taking a close look ERC claims already filed. There currently thousands of audits and hundreds of investigations by the Criminal Investigation unit. See the attached notice for more details.

1 Like

Is THIS of Notary Public or NSA concern?

It is if you’re a small business owner. Would you say the same if I post updated IRS mileage deductions?

1 Like

I get about 3 calls a week offering to help me claim/apply for this. I have no employees…
hang up… wait for next call and repeat. They are just calling any business hoping to find some fish that will bite.

4 Likes

I thought entertaining when the told me I had enough employees to qualify for the ERC. Really, you must have been chatting with my other personalities. :wink:

We knew something was up starting late last week as the calls diminished. By Tuesday calls have stopped. From what I’ve been learning today every ERC claim, already filed, is under review, there are thousands under audit, and hundreds of criminal cases filed. I also understand USDOJ and several States AGs are going after the fraudsters. Unfortunately, it’s the tax payers that going to get hit for fraudulent filings.

I posted this as some of our collogues have employees as part of their businesses and didn’t want them being surprised.

My pokes come in the form of text or emails. After applying for state business license get all kinds of stuff. Funny when I receive these communications English language not primary language ~ so many typos, etc. Just another item to delete or block.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.