It is not about you, a note on customer service

Me too! :slight_smile: Been there and done that!

You nailed it! I am so very grateful that I am in an air conditioning state.

I believe it was on Notary Cafe that I saw somebody demanding this, that, and the other thing. Read through this post and you will see examples?

Amen that’s the truth. I had someone tell me that they had a puppy and that dog was
almost as big as a horse. She put it in the cage when she saw my reaction like a decent person.

I think this is well said and covers the gamut! BRAVO!

I total agree. I read a few days ago they did a signing on the trunk of a car in the cold. No Thank you, I don’t work on trunks. It seems like we always have to these jobs. Not me any longer. I don’t really care to do signings at public places. To me it is very distractive, with the noise level etc.

The public in general has become very inconsiderate. Many of us have had serious situations with animals in particular that nip or in my case leap all over me while I am seated and scratch me until I was bleeding. I have had women breast feed, cook dinner, leave to pick up a child, make me wait 45 minutes…look it’s not about AUDACITY as you put it…it’s THEIR closing…shouldn’t they be more mature and prepared? WITHOUT being grossly inconsiderate? I’ve had people work on their computers while I was trying to close…making all kinds of mistakes…we all have these stories so let’s stop normalizing bad behavior.

Unfortunately, some people are very disrespectful but it is up to us to take control of the situation. The signing agent’s job is to lead the closing perfectly and get the docs out on time. I had a signing that I showed up at 8am on time. The husband was ready to go. We waited for the wife to come downstairs for another five mins. The wife came down with wet hair, I presumed that she just got out of the shower, went straight to the kitchen, pulled out a coffee pot and made coffee, then tried to make breakfast! At this point I thought to myself if I don’t take control of this situation I will be screwed. My next closing was set for 9am. So I was very professionally, I smiled and said, “good morning”, “how are you?” ……”hazelnut coffee is my favorite.”…… And said, “I am so sorry ma’am but I have to ask you to wait on your coffee and your breakfast so we can get started with you closing or we can do this at another time.”
PROBLEM SOLVED! :grin:

4 Likes

Well people must be much nicer where you are…