Job Offer Arrives During Signing

Ditto, often I bring this up at the beginning, so as not to surprise them. Never a problem.

1 Like

I’ve always just said, “My apologies folks, this is a title officer I need to answer real quick!” then I answer it super quickly. Never in 1,200+ signings have I had signers take any offense as they too are working with title officers and understand the importance of communication with them.

3 Likes

I keep my phone on silent mode in my work bag, not on the table.
I do not answer calls or respond to any notifications. 100% focused on client.
I’ve missed a bunch of signing opportunities through calls, text and app but I’m ok with that.
Sometimes I get lucky when they call me back three times within a couple hrs. :pray:

1 Like

I always explain before hand that I may get a text or call from title during the signing. Also, most signers have encouraged me to answer my phone or respond to a text.

2 Likes

I work very hard to maintain perfect error free signing and rating. Since there is no loyalty in this business, I can’t take any chances of getting a complaint. All it takes is to sign with one type A personality client who will view that as unprofessional, disrespect or wasting their time, game over for me if I ever get one compliant. I actually saw a couple people who lost their 15 years of relationship with this particular title co and lost all income with one compliant.
“Loyal to notaries they are not”

1 Like

I don’t respond much because 90% are nowhere near me. I only respond to those I might be interested or once in a while to others. I still get signings even though my Snapdocs rate is low. Not sure why they even track that. It’s pretty worthless. Certainly not interrupt a signing to say no. Yes I might miss a signing once in a while, but lately the first offers texted are really low. $65-75 is way to low for a rural 72 Mile r/t drive. Takes them hours to get to a realistic offer, sometimes running into the evening. Some things never change.

“knowing my audience” doesn’t happen until I conduct the whole “meet and greet” thing at the table (never seen them before, and most likely will never see them again), and even then, I don’t “know” them. Stopping for 30 secs is cool, if you get one call (I’ll even give you 2), but in my area, there are times where 5-10 requests may come my way in an hour. If I can’t accept the job by touching the screen on my phone, I don’t touch it at all at the table. They “may” understand in front of you, but I personally don’t “assume” the borrowers understand anything, let alone how our business works. My point, everything is hunky dory until it ain’t (that phone call to the lender behind your back). And if that phone call does happen, 9 times out of 10 you will never know about it (if the loan closed). You not getting any more work from them will be the (silent) message that you have been spanked for it. You can “feel” like they understand, and they may tell you so after your introductory speech, but they most likely won’t tell you about that “unsecure” feeling they had about their transaction experience because they are under the “assumption” their lender/TCo sent us, and that’s who I would complain to if I had a gripe!

Very SAD. But TRUE! :-1: :-1: :-1: :-1: :-1:

I let the client know that sometimes the lender or services may contact me with additional information or changes (this has happened multiple times) that may affect the signing process. If it’s for a new job I spend less than one minute on the phone. Promptly end the call, apologize, and resume. I do not engage in any negotiations, discuss jobs, etc.

Service Link is notorious for sending orders while I’m at a signing. Otherwise, create an auto text response for callers and handle your business.