Just when I thought I'd made every mistake

It’s the usual hectic day with appointments lined up. Note to self: Never say, “I’ll just get gas in the morning!!!” I dropped my UPS package because the next 2 are Fedex. I need gas. I’m now in a rush because the line at UPS was CrAzY! I peel into Kroger gas station. I never go here and was surprised to see the lines at every pump. I don’t have time for this! I looked down at the very end pump and no line! Awesome! I make my was down and fill up. Pay at pump said $54.99. WHATTTTT? It’s usually around $40.00 to fill up. I look down at the receipt, and guess what? I just bought RACING FUEL! On the bright side, my acceleration was way improved! Lesson learned! So stupid, I just had to share!

3 Likes

If I were you, I’d check with my mechanic and make sure you don’t need to get it drained. From what I’ve seen/read, using this fuel in regular street cars can cause damage to the vehicle, including damage to the catalytic converter.

Sorry this happened to you. Good Luck

3 Likes

Never heard of “racing fuel”. What state are you in

1 Like

South Carolina. I guess people also buy it for boats. It’s high octane and zero ethanol.

You gave me a good laugh this morning. This sounds so much like a few situations I’ve gotten myself into regarding stopping for gas. Each time I think I have learned my lesson, but sure enough, somewhere down the line I get tempted to “push the envelope” again, and once again disaster looms. Thanks for sharing. Have a joyous holiday season.

1 Like

Thank you @Linda_B ! You have a wonderful Holiday Season and remember, NEVER get “gas in the morning!” LOL

What octane was it 110? What kind of vehicle are you driving? I think you should be fine. I would just try to go through that gasoline as fast as you can. Stronger octanes can wear down rubber o-rings.

1 Like

My car seems just fine. I have an oil change scheduled next week and I’m going to ask my mechanic. I don’t even know what an O-ring is? LOL

An o ring is a ring made of rubber or a similar material that is intended to keep fluids (like oil) from leaking out. Engines are chock full of o rings.
320px-Oring_gr

Credit: Wikimedia Commons editor Calvero

1 Like

When you burn down 1/2 a tank refuel with your regular gasoline. This will reduce the overall octane of the racing fuel.

1 Like

This is hysterical​:joy:thanks for sharing it I am laughing out loud! We have racing fuel at our pumps here in Michigan too​:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

At least now your fuel injectors are very clean. Zoom Zoom

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.