Laughing, laughing....gasp...STILL LAUGHING!

Ok, this one might only be funny if you’re familiar with Southern California, but there’s also Google Maps if you really want to get the joke.

I got a call from my favorite little signing service today. The only one I’ll work with anymore. He says, “So I got a call from Escrow today…I’m going to tell you what they said they need, but I already know what your answer is going to be. But I have to be able to tell them I called my people.” And then he laughed, and this is the signing request that followed:

(First of all, you need to know I’m in Oceanside, CA)

Split purchase signing. First signer in San Clemente (I’ve gone to this location for them once before, for an increased fee). Second signer in SANTA MONICA. Immediately after signing, please return docs to office in city of Orange.

Here are the kickers: It was 10am when he called me, and docs were not ready yet. And they wanted this all done BEFORE CLOSE OF BUSINESS TODAY because they need to close TODAY.

Oh, and also, they would “like to keep costs down, so they hope this doesn’t cost too much extra.”

I laughed. He laughed. I said, “Ok, well, that’s all just flat out IMPOSSIBLE. Please call them back and tell them that all your notaries laughed at you when you presented this assignment, because there’s no way this can be done.” Then I joked, “They’d have to pay me helicopter rental fees, dude.” (Yes, Mr. signing service guy and I are on “dude” terms with each other. LOL!)

My husband said, after I hung up, I should have said yes, for $500, and then when I was sitting in traffic and didn’t make it before closing, enjoy the fact that someone had to sit in their office and wait for me.

Sure, I drive a Mustang GT, and oft-times I drive it like I stole it. LOL! But no way I’m breaking my a$$ driving 150 miles and giving up an ENTIRE DAY of earning potential for them to throw pennies at me. I just hope some poor schmuck didn’t take this assignment for $75 “because I’m new and need the experience.”

6 Likes

Thank You! :boom::rofl: I needed a belly laugh . . .

Crazy traffic status!

:swan:

1 Like

Sometimes you want to say, “Can we interject a little reality here? Wings do not come with the commission!”

6 Likes

Before I retired worked in marine construction along route on map. You couldn’t even have completed this task by boat. Ridiculous proposal and $ offer is just an insult. People can be so full of themselves.

1 Like

What did they offer? Was it $ 75?

They didn’t actually make an offer, just the “we’d like to keep the cost down” comment. But no amount of money they’d have tried to offer would have sufficed for me.

2 Likes

So many odd and funny things on Notary Cafe. Wish I was talented enough to be a stand up comic and perform at Notary organization gatherings. Definitely a lot of good writing material. Maybe someone is talented enough to write a funny book and sell it on Notary platforms. Food for thought. :smile:

2 Likes

Several weeks ago I drove to our grandson’s wedding and made it from Carlsbad to Ventura in 2 hours and 20 minutes…on Friday! 151 miles on cruise control the whole way. Apparently, the best time to drive the 405 through LA is 10 am to 1 pm.

Some of the worst traffic in our area is on HWY 5, 76, and 78, all in O’side.

1 Like

That’s the ideal time window for crossing Houston. The joke we have in H-Town is; it’s takes an hour to get from Houston to Houston.

@RiverpointeTax May not be a “Native” Texan, but I got there As Fast As I Could! Happily lived in Austin, Texas for many, many years. It was only wild horses that dragged me away after 20-some years in Texas. During my time in Texas, as an Executive Director in Corporate America, one of my satellite locations (in Galveston) required traveling through Houston to visit with my team members. Definitely a time sink traveling the loop.

1 Like

Moved here while still in high school. Lived in Houston for most of adult life, only relocating the New Braunfels about 5 years ago. The San Antonio/Austin corridor starting to look like DFW. Once a Texan, naturalized or native born, you’re always a Texan.

1 Like

Absolutely! As a UT Austin graduate, my Heart remains in Texas. Miss living there . . .

1 Like

Attended University of Houston, Electrical Engineering and Applied Physics.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.