LLC versus no LLC

Has anyone formed an LLC for their notary business and if so, what are the advantages? I have been a GN since 2013, and recently completed my NSA certification. Just wondering anyone’s thoughts on if this is needed or not. Thanks for any feedback!

@debbrayost Very interesting question indeed . . .

I performed a cursory Search on “LLC” within the GOLDMINE in the Notary Cafe database utilizing the Magnifying Glass feature. There are MORE THAN 238 threads found.

Here are a few threads that you may find germane & informative to the intent of your query:

Many members state that the Magnifying Glass is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find. In case you’ve experienced difficulties locating it, this should help.

To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

Also, since you identify that you’re new . . . It’s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them. A great start of research would begin within the Notary Cafe forums Search Function.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ‘chasing’ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

======
FYI: A request has been submitted on numerous occasions [to BRIGHTEN the Magnifying Glass ] over the years to the Notary Cafe Team Leads to make it much easier to locate that feature.

That request has been reportedly passed onto the programmers of the site => that members find it difficult to locate the Search Function in order to access the wealth of info available within the database.

So far, no update has been made available & no alteration in the brightness or visibility of the Magnifying Glass. Thank You, @Carmen_Lane , for mentioning it previously as well.

:swan:

Thanks for this info! I still am learning to navigate this sight. So much valuable information here.

1 Like

Generally an LLC provides you with financial isolation should you get sued. Without an LLC you could be held personally responsible for any losses that exceed your E&O policy limits. In so states individual liability is dictated by your States Business laws. I would suggest speaking with a CPA, Tax Professional, or an attorney for the details in your state.

1 Like