LOL While waiting on late docs

So I won’t name the SS because they have no control over when the docs come in. But as I am waiting on late docs to come in (appt time was 15 min ago location 1 hr away :roll_eyes: ), I get a notification from the same SS for an ASAP 2.5 hours away. :joy:

Sometimes you just have to laugh! Especially when I would rather eat or take a nap vs sitting at my computer waiting… :upside_down_face:

It happens from time to time :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Chandra, that sounds like an excellent reason to consider working directly with Title companies instead of being offered signing 2.5 hrs away by signing agencies.

I’m just saying…

3 Likes

Long time no see you around @TheTreasureCoastNota :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey there Fatima,

I hope you’ve been super busy and killing it with business. December was a whirlwind and I needed to make sure I was on top of everything.

#ImBack

1 Like

I wanted to be more busy, but low ballers gave me the battle :sweat_smile:
Still not complaining much. I’m in the process of getting my own 100K insurance to cover me of any errors, thus I can target title companies and escrows. Yes! I’m reinventing my business. I’m working on it. I started working with Old Republic :raised_hands:

3 Likes

That’s great news and fantastic way to start your new year.

#ProudOfYou

2 Likes

Might need some advise from you :grin:

1 Like

Agreed! I wanted to gain more experience first so that I could be confident in handling any loan package that comes my way. But for the sake of my sanity I should probably just take the plunge.

I got your back, just let me know how I can assist.

Here’s my feeling on the matter.

If you’ve completed 150-200 closing you’re ready for direct business… no Seriously, you’re ready (in my opinion).

Being prepared for Direct Title Company Business isn’t about you having to wait to acquire years of experience.

When you go after DTCB, it’s about being:
CONFIDENT (to meet face-to-face an ask for business from the escrow officer of the title company you wish to work with).
KNOWLEDGEABLE (about the documents contained within the package…Refi, Seller&Buyer docs, HECM, HELOC, Mods ect)
EXPERIENCED (able to walk someone through the docs in a manner which is considered professional, while not providing legal advice)
PROFESSIONAL (in your demeanor, your appearance, your preparedness for the signing and your industry educational preparedness/continued education)

Documents rarely change, but once you know the type of loan documents you’ll be signing and you’re familiar with the location of Notarization’s, Signatures, Initials ect… you’re ready for Direct Title Company Business.

So, get over your fear of hearing NO, because you’re going to hear it. However I encourage you to be prepared for the YES you’re also going to hear it from Title Companies, it’s going to happen.

Wishing you many successful signings

1 Like

Great advice! I will definitely get there!

1 Like

Blue Pen–I started out with biBerk insurance, and I pay monthly auto draft. The cover me no matter which direction I go as a Notary, as long as I’m legal, LOL.

1 Like

If you don’t mind, what’s the monthly you pay and for how much coverage?
I like the idea of monthly for now, I can’t put upfront $300-$500!? maybe… I have to make the money first, already invested in a new dual tray

1 Like

I will answer you privately. I am sure some will think I have too much insurance:-)

1 Like

I generally send the signers an email ahead of times and state ‘Tentatively Scheduled Signing Time’. If the signers email address is not listed in the confirmation, I’d ask the signer for their email address.

"This is DLH, a Signing Agent and Notary Public hired by_____________ to conduct a refinance signing with you tomorrow, Sunday, January 3rd, 2021 at 1:00 PM.

At this point, I am currently awaiting documents, and when those are received our appointment would be moved from tentative to confirmed."

If the documents are extremely late, or too late at night, I either notify lender to reschedule signing or ask for final closing date.

It’s such a waste of valuable time when documents are not received within 2 to 3 hours of the appointment. Prior, if docs were very late, the signer blamed me for confirming the appointment and not showing up on time. Hence, the above email I send for each signing.

That is excellent advice! It is a very frustrating situation, so any steps we can take to mitigate these issues is smart business!

1 Like

I also reiterate, in the email, to have two forms of identification, and a copy if possible, available for the signing. and list the id’s required by the lender/title company

1 Like

Good to hear you made the switch from NNA. biBerk covers you in every direction!