Looking for a Portable Laser Printer

I am impressed with everyone’s prowess when it comes to portable printers. Having been a full time NSA for 11 years, there are times when I wish I had that capability, but have instead opted to print from Office Depot/Office Max. Just an FYI -if you join EC Purchasing, as a notary, we receive a 75% discount for printing. The average closing docs cost me around $3 to $4 to print. I am well familiar with where these stores are in my area, and it has saved me in a pinch many, many times to just print from there. Check out www.ecpurchasing.com if you want to get the notary discount with them. It will also work on other select items purchased from OD/OM. Good luck!

I just purchased the HPM479dfw printer and it has a fax, scanner, email, copier (all in one) very quiet and prints out pages quickly. The printer also prints out legal size papers also. The purchase I ever made at Best Buy. Bought the printer about 3 months ago and it is wonderful. The prints are crystal clear and so is the color. It was on sale for 279.00 originally was 700 dollar printer.

Your cigarette holder is rated for 10 amps, 10 amps times 12 volts is 120 watts. Your 1500 watt inverter will draw 1500 (PEAK) divided by 12v = 125 AMPs.

Great idea to install some protection, a shorted inverter can start a fire so an outside switch/circuit breaker is a great idea. Unless your inverter’s switch is switching the 100+ amp input directly, you have no way of disconnecting it from the high power input should a short occur.

1 Like

Is EC purchasing only for California? Or can I use this for the state I am in? I am off and on about trying to set my car up for mobile printing. I have had a huge increase in business since June of 2019 and find myself needing to print on the road about 2 x a week. I have been visiting office store with my usb thumb drive but the cost is too much. I am not sure that I want to deal with the cost of professional installation of a sinewave though and trying to figure out if it is worth it for the long term.

If you are a NNA certified NSA, then you are violating the code of conduct by printing at a printing store.

Which means absolutely nothing - the NNA is not a governing body and their “Code of Conduct” is not law.

Is printing at a print store a good idea? No - first off it’s expensive, secondly if the printer has memory in it those docs are stored there, which is a breach of borrowers’ privacy. But as for the NNA statement…as I said - means nothing.

Perhaps to you it means nothing, most (I hope) understand that when we become NNA certified NSAs, that we will
abide by that code. Unfortunately our profession is riddled with those that do what ever is convenient for them while ignoring that others are trying to present themselves as professionals who adhere to a code of conduct and a set of rules. Hopefully those that hire you aren’t aware of the casual disregard for safeguarding PFI entrusted to you.

Where did you get the idea I have disregard for protection of PII?? I said it was not a good idea…and I have more concern for protection of borrowers’ privacy than you know.

I came into this job after a 25 year career as a paralegal - so protection of PII has been drilled into me for years. Many of us came from careers in the legal field and didn’t need a “Code of Conduct” to tell us how to treat borrowers or their info. We didn’t drink the Kool Aid…and don’t have to.

I’ll respect YOUR respect for them…please respect my opinions and feelings too - and don’t make erroneous judgments about people you don’t know.