Looking for good laser printer

Amazon about $450
Brother MFC-L8850CDW
Toner is expensive though. I do think the printer can last a very long time and will be a work horse. Takes a bit of time to get it connected to home network, but once that is done it is easy to use.

I lease a KonicaMinolta Bizhub 287 so my toners and maintenance are all included. I print an average of 9000 pages a month and find leasing works the best. Toners are automatically sent to me once printer reaches 20%.

LD Products sell toner cartridges for a fraction of the cost anywhere else I have been using their products and service for about 8 years LD products sell toner cartridges for about 25-30$ for extra high yield cartridges they also sell drums and all other accessories I also use a Brother 6180 DWT
have had it for about 6 years. love it, will never buy anything but Brother

When i first started I got a HP P1606dn (60k pages printed) that is an absolute beast when it comes to printing provided your careful of multiple size paper. I’ve had a Brother HL 8350CDW for a few months and LOVE IT.
In order to stay competitive i use knock off toners. Also got a seperate scanner Brother MFC J30DW… I dont know how i did it for so long without them.

Brother makes an excellent laser. I’ve had mine for 5yrs and no problems and it’s fast. Check out deals at Wal-Mart too as well as on Amazon and e Bay

1 Like

I agree. Best printer I ever had. I do pay less for toner on LD Products. Remanufactured. No problems.

Sorry, thought I was responding to Kevin above. Brother HL-L6200DW. Very fast, dual tray, wireless.

1 Like

I have 2 Brothers, they’re ok. I just got a Canon image-class MF414dw from Best Buy reasonable price. Love it! It prints both legal and letter all on its own! I ALWAYS get Toner from Amazon. I just ordered a 2 pack of toner for it for $30. Brother toner is less avg $11 but you have to also periodically buy a drum for another $15-29. I recommend the Canon.

We started with used HP’s. Then found a great buy on a Konica Minolta on Amazon. This was good until we had a power surge and the power supply was blown. Now we use a Kyocera all in one. Our cost per page for B&W toner is less than $0.01. We have it under a lease and we have a maintenance contract to make sure we are always running. We are averaging around 20,000 pages a month.

Purchased the Dell H815dw in early August. This printer seems to do exactly what I needed. 50 page ADF, up to 40ppm.
A) Has a multiple page tray. Holds 50 pages
B) 250 page tray
C) 500 page tray I purchased as an option.

I use the 500 tray for legal however, you can set the 250 and 500 to standard or legal which ever you choose. Seems I am printing more and more jobs on standard 8 1/2 by 11 with some legal size interspersed.

A 3,000 page toner cartridge came installed and worked beautiful. Just replaced it with a 9,000 Super Yield cartridge. I noticed Amazon has high yield 6,000 page 2 for $50.00. I am going to give them a try.

I will keep you posted on this work horse.

I have an Oki B431dn with the optional paper tray (Part# 44575714). It is comes with a network card and is also wifi enabled and a duplexer (if needed). The OKI toner can be expensive but I have had good success with ebay toner resellers. The OEM Compatible cartridges can be purchased in page count ranges from about 4K to 10K. An OEM compatible 4K cartridge is about $13 on ebay. The toner cartridge is a little different in that it has a computer chip that snaps in on the side. These keep track of the print count. I have also purchased bottled toner and refilled my old cartridges and also replaced the 10K chips. This has saved me lots. The avg cost to refill with 10K worth of toner is about $15 and the 10K chip runs about $5. The Drum kit (Part#44574301) needs replacing every 30K pages and costs about $50 for an OEM compatible on ebay. The best part is the OKI support which is available 24/7 via phone and you always get a person in the US who will help you with issues. This service is worth what you pay for the printer, to me. Hope this helps.

I would like to say thanks for this forum and each one of your input on printers. I had a HP Laser printer for about 8 years & I broke the usb connector. Long story short I order the Brother MFC-L5700DW and it is AWSOME… I love it. THANKS

I have a Brother MFC9970CDW. I’ve had it for five or six years, problem free. My rule of thumb is to minimize grief, so I ponied up the money and bought the best printer I could find. I go through about a box of legal size paper a month and the printer never complains, just keeps on going on.

1 Like

I use a Brother HL-L6200DWT two full paper trays and on multi tray. automatically pulls the correct size paper

1 Like

Just an update – this printer has worked flawlessly and fast. Purchased two HI-Vision toner cartridges from Amazon under $50.00 and I couldn’t be more pleased.

1 Like

I have a question about using compatible remanufactured. It seems HP says no matter what my problem is that it’s because I am not using HP Genuine. What’s that got to do with it? Does no one encourage recycling in this industry?

Hi Theresa…

20+ years in IT here.

HP is a special beast. They add chips to their cartridges that identify and communicate with their printers. Not many companies out there know how to recycle them in a way that makes them “new” and usable without issues in newer HP printers.

Printing is a beast in notary work. Do NOT buy a cheap printer. You will pay more for the ink than the printer when it’s time to refill.

I have a client for IT services who learned the hard way. They purchased a cheap HP printer at the suggestion of the Best Buy sales guy. When they looked for ink refills they learned why the printer was so cheap ($60 +tax). The ink carts were $85 +taxes.

Manufactures have high end business class, mid & low end printers.

You will find the printer in my office to be the same you will in a FedEx Kinkos. We print that much (note just notary work)

I generally recommend Brother small workgroup AIO LASER printers for people looking for cost considerate and durable printing. Their small work group printers work extremely well as a fax, and scanner also. Plus they are usually expandable. (ie… you can add a 2nd tray for legal paper.)

Do not buy a inkjet printer for notary work regardless of what ANYONE tells you. They simply dont cut it and are more expensive over time.

I use Lexmark. Ordered a second tray. So far so good.