Lost a signing opportunity to an NSA on google search!

So last week my local bank manager tried to call me about a signing opportunity at their branch, but I was busy. He said the customers found someone on google search and paid $150 for a quick deed signing!
The purpose of this post is that if you’re new you may want to set up a Google account so people can find you fast! And also hit your local banks with your business cards!

27 Likes

That is an awesome post! Thank you for sharing.
I have been on the google search since I received my license but most of people call me for the vehicle title transfers and I dont do that.
But AAA referred me couple times to their clients and I appreciated it very much.
And once I have Well’s Fargo clients who found me on Google search.
Coast to Coast works a lot with WF for mortgage modifications and they like to pay $30, sometimes $50, I dont respond to their requests. But once I received a call from people living in my town, I came over and found one of those Mortgage Modifications docs. LOL, I guess nobody responds to those $30 anymore, so the clients look for the notaries on their own now.
I thought that was funny.

2 Likes

True, I was found on google, especially on the holiday when all the shipping centers would not notarize in my town.

3 Likes

I get quite a few calls for GNW through my Google presence. Got one today as a matter of fact but with banks not so much. Banks in my area won’t recommend notaries. I’ve asked to leave business cards with the branch manager and they won’t accept them so I leave a few on the shelf of the ATM.

2 Likes

Yeah, without the banks giving out free notarizations (ugh) and UPS charging 10 bucks a stamp, we’d be able to do much better overall. It’s just not possible for a single person to compete with a national corporation. And somehow UPS has crazy SEO. If you ever search ‘notary near me’ they always come up first. I haven’t been able to figure out why, exactly, since notary services are just a side thing for them. I really wish UPS would stop offering them lol.

2 Likes

Interesting note about UPS notary services, whom I’ve used for myself and referred clients to (when local notary friend is not available). The last time I went they included a “disclaimer” with their notary service! Hmm. I don’t think I’ll be using them anymore…or referring.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this one, will you please let me know how I can sign for this ?? Thank You!

1 Like

I hope someone on here can show you how to sign up? I don’t know how to do that but I heard it’s free. I don’t have a Google account and don’t need one.

I found this link. Think this is where you go to set up a free google account.

3 Likes

Thank you for the information, I didn’t now about this or that people was using this.

1 Like

Me neither. I don’t even have a Google account and don’t want one because I can’t even handle with what I have now. My bank told me they are not allowed to notarize a lot of things at the branch level anymore. Can’t be anything related to real estates like deed of trust, quit claim deed, loan closing etc. They no longer can do Will or POA or anything like that either! He said it is very limited what they can notarize at the bank! So Notaries go hit your banks with cards and build that relationships or set up google account? Good luck to all!

2 Likes

Thank you. Great information!

How do you create a google presence . Do I need to create a website
Thanks for the info

Contact Google Business online

Thank you for the tip!:blush:

I have a Google page and get tons of GNW work. It’s really nice, when someone calls me from my Google page it alerts me that that particular call is from Google. I am the 1st listed when you search notary near me in my location because I have multiple 5 star reviews. The more positive reviews you have the higher on the list you are placed. Hope this helps!!!

3 Likes

Google is PAID advertising…just saying…

I believe with a google business listing you can get a website for $12/yr

1 Like

A Google business profile is free and you can post all you want on it.
If you want to take out ads, then there’s a fee.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.