Military Veterans

Greetings!

I’m new to Notary Cafe. I’m an U.S. Navy Combat Veteran (8 yrs/4 deployments) based out of Las Vegas, NV. If you’re a veteran, what branch and how many years did you serve?

3 Likes

Thanks for serving our country. God Bless.

2 Likes

Thank you. Somebody has to do it! :grinning:

Greetings from Bremerton WA - PSNS - land of many types of ships. My background of working with military contracts prior to my retirement has been very helpful for notarizations in this neck of the woods. In the 60’s I worked as a civilian in ships movements at SFNBS (which is no longer there) for the Admiral. Worked on CVAN-65 which was retired same year I retired from my day job in Seattle (karma). Wish I had started my Mobile Notary Business when I was younger. You are ahead of the game. Best wishes!

2 Likes

I really appreciate the support. I’ve spent some time in Bremerton as well. Both parents were stationed there back in the early 90s.

Wow Alice…just saw this - my husband was stationed in Bremerton in or around 1970-1971 decommissioning a ship - aircraft carrier Ranger (CVA61) - he loved it there.

1 Like

Bremerton has sure changed since the 90’s. Population for Bremerton is now 42K. Lots of new apartments and subdivisions being developed. Techie people from Seattle are paying cash for new homes in subdivisions and renting them out. For those signings I charge more :mask:

1 Like

I enjoy being a Mobile Notary in this area because I get to find beautiful little hidden gem areas when I go out on signings. Area has grown quite a bit. Bremerton is planning on future growth. Military funds were taken away by Trump’s wall for improvements to bases and docks for ship maintenance. Now that aging fleet is in serious demand of repair, sooner or later those funds will need to reappear. I flipped houses for a while in Sequim but that got old quick. Now I live in a senior secure penthouse 2BD apartment with a view of water, ships, ferries and Port Orchard. My professional office is in 2nd bedroom with same view. Price is right $850/mo includes W/S/G, power year round $20/mo event with all my printers and electronics. I only work part time because I don’t want to work that hard and make a nice income of $5K to $6K/mo and never take low ball rates. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I was a civilian working at SFNBS in the 60’s during Viet Nam war working for Admiral in Ships Movements. Sad war and so glad that is over. USN came looking for me because I was a fast stenographer and typist ~ this is before the days of computers. Dropped out of college and went to work for USN.

3 Likes

Twenty - seven. Army

2 Likes

US Navy - 1998-2014 - Officer and Enlisted

1 Like