Mortgage Connect - Is it a good company?

I received a phone message from Mortgage Connect. Has anyone had experience with this company?

2 Likes

I literally just did a signing for them 2 days ago. Wish I could advise you, but don’t know yet. They got my docs to me in good time, which is a plus, but have no idea how well/quickly they pay. I’d love to hear anyone else’s experience with them.

They are a great company. Docs on time. You will have to bill them the 1st and the 15th for payment using their form. They pay within 10 days once they receive your invoice. One statement for the 1-15 signings and 16-30/31 signings.

4 Likes

They are a good Company to work for too. I know there is another Company with the name Mortgage in it and they are not good to work for. They pay, but they are very slow.

1 Like

They are low-ballers. haven’t worked for them in years.

Mortgage Connect is a good company. I do closings for them on regular basis, they pay on time, though you have to bill them. They also offer webinars on regular basis to keep you afloat. MortgageDocs company on the other hand is opposite. They want to pay $60 - $65 for all you do to close their deal. Not very encouraging to say the least.

2 Likes

I worked for them, though not in 2016. Their webinars are very informative, and they do pay as scheduled. They were paying good, but in 2014 they lowered their fees. If they can’t find anyone on their “A” list or if it is last minute, they will pay a normal fee. Normally, support was there to help if issue at closing, some large packages not paid extra for and require faxbacks for every package… make sure your scan backs don’t exceed their website limit or your package won’t get uploaded… sometimes 50 pages to fax/scan back…wait for ok to drop (sometimes I had to call and remind them it was getting late and needed ok) and want package back the way it printed, so you’ll have to resort the package before sending out. Lots of late docs, although haven’t had any since the change in October. Don’t pay a fee for even same-day cancellations. Basically, if you’re willing to go the xtra- inth mile for just OK pay, go for it.

1 Like

Their fees are very low, they send out text all the time, but I don’t take them.

They pay on time. They wanted me to lower my fee because I was above their average. I lowered it $5 but still above avg… Told them too many pages to fax back, want it faxed back promptly after which means you have to schedule accordingly and not do another closing immediately after. Then you have to wait for them to call you and say its ok to drop docs

I have worked with Mort
gage Connect for the past year. I have found them to be a good company to work with. Their fees are on par with other company’s I work with and they ALWAYS get the documents to me in a timely fashion.

Mortgage Connect does pay on time. However, they pay low. They will low ball and will not accept a fee proposed by the notary. There packages are thick or well over 100 pages.

I have worked for them for over 5 years. You can only invoice them once a month so the way it works is that if you submit your invoice before the end of the month, they pay the following month on the 15th but if you submit your invoice at the end of the month and they don’t receive it until the beginning of the following they submit payment until the end of the month they receive it. Lately they have been calling agents to lower their flat fees. I don’t appreciate that because they require fax backs always and that is just more work for us. Stick with your flat fee or lower just a little but they say they prefer $70 for edocs and fax backs and to me that is just too low. Overall they are not a bad company to work with.

This is very helpful information. You all are the best. Thanks to each of you.

I had one signing with Mortgage Connect last year. It was a late afternoon signing, so I dropped the docs at UPS depot to make that day’s pickup. Somehow, the package arrived empty and taped up! I’m so glad I make it a habit of getting that receipt. I had to scan it to show that I did drop a package with documents, weighing 1.7 pounds. Apparently en-route through Kentucky, the package was torn open, or the docs fell out (who knows), so the empty envelope was sent on to title! They were able to track them down with my help because of that receipt. Unfortunately, I never received another signing from them. But I did receive an email for the TRID webinar, and got a Certificate of Completion!

Do regular work for them. No issues.

They have been around for a while, you never have to worry if you will be paid. They use a pay system which is user friendly.

Thanks so much to everyone for responding!!!

Mortgage Connect a/k/a Inspire Closing Services.

I’ve done many closings with them and communication is pretty good throughout the ordering process, sometimes too much with them calling too many times checking on this and that, however they do pay a fair fee and will pay you but you must invoice them. I was very lazy last year with this as so many don’t make you invoice anymore it is a real pill when they do. I am back to serious accounting on every single order now and I caught up on all of my missing invoicing from 2015. They paid…and I had some from over 8 months ago. They do try to get you to send them their form I have not done that as if I do a special form for every client I’ll have 1000 different invoice options.
I have professional invoicing so that’s what I use. Good luck!

1 Like

They are not paying as they state they will. My invoice for 1st month was placed via fax and they claim they never got it. They confirmed mailing address and then sent payment to UPS drop address instead. Now, 2nd month invoice went in via email, as they requested on 5/25. Supposed to be paid on 6/15. I called today because no payment received and was told my check was cut on Friday, 17th and will get in mail today, 20th. I also received request on 13th for updated BGC (expected) and updated NNA certification. I do not do NNA anymore (tooooooo expensive and they require you to take/pay for the class before they will pass you on the exam no matter whether you answer all questions correctly or not) so I do not expect anymore calls from Inspire/Mortgage Connect
. I just want what they owe me when they say they will pay it, not a week later.