Moving Change Address

I learned so much from my recent move. Important item I learned is changing address online is not good enough ~ also call client or vendor. For Notary brokers they won’t respond unless you send an updated W9. UPS and credit card companies was the shocker. Even though you can change address online they will only make it active when you call. UPS and Social Security had the longest staying on hold on the phone time. Silly me I thought with today’s technologies updating online was good enough. Live and learn.

2 Likes

Thank You, @alice2uworld , for sharing your direct experience. :sweat_drops::sparkles:

You’re absolutely correct - shocking that online update is insufficient considering current technology . . .

:swan:

1 Like

Frosting on the cake. I moved 9/1/22 and updated many contacts online and went back and called my clients. Yesterday 11/8/22 found out that when I updated online with NNA and all appears good on website, they don’t update account until you also call in to toll free number. Again online technology is terrible. Had to update my background check and that is when I found out about their process. I was not nice when I told them the process is ridiculous!

Thanks for sharing your insights. It’s wild how some things, like Notary brokers, need that extra nudge with an updated W9. And who would’ve thought UPS and credit card companies had their own hold-on-the-phone ritual?

And who would’ve thought UPS and credit card companies had their own hold-on-the-phone ritual?Technology can be a lifesaver, but good old-fashioned calls seem to be the way to go sometimes! By the way, if you’re ever in need of long-distance movers in Deltona, check out https://threemovers.com/long-distance-mоvers/deltona-fl-4/. They might have some handy tips for your next move!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.